2: A Wild Nikki Appears

A/N Mini: I found this art online

Nikki walked towards camp, certain that she'd be there within the hour. It wasn't that she loved the nighttime, it was just that it was the only time that she could visit Eclipseflyer. Every other time she was having fun with Max and Neal. Nikki grinned. Right before tripping on a root and falling on someone.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!" A very high-pitched, girly scream pierced her ears. The person, she thought it was a person, was scrambling on the ground to pick up everything they'd dropped.

She tried to smell who it was. There were a lot of herb smells but under that she could smell campfire s'mores, pine needles, honeysuckle, the smell of the camp, mixed with a twinge of wet dog.

David.

———————————————————————————————————————

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH...

There's a place I know that's tucked away
A place where you and I can stay
Where we can go to laugh and play
And have adventures every day
I know it sounds hard to believe
But guys and gals it's true
Camp Campbell is the place for me and you!

We'll swim in lakes and climb up trees
Catch fish, bugs, bears, and honeybees
There's endless possibilities
And no, that's not hyperbole
Our motto's CAMPE DIEM
And that means we're telling youuuu

We've got
Archery
Hiking
Search and Rescue
Biking
Horseback
Training That Will Save You From a Heart Attack
Scuba Diving
Miming
Keeping Up With Rhyming
Football
Limbo
Science
Stunting
Pre-Calc
Spaceships
Treasure Hunting
Bomb Defusal
No Refusal
Fantasy
Circus Trapeze
and Fights
and Ghosts
and Paints
and Snakes
and Knives
and Chess
and Dance
and Weights

It's Camp Camp!

A Camp Camp Original Series

—————————————————————————————————

David screamed. Something had just fallen from the sky. Looking up, he saw it was just Nikki. Not another rouge vehicle. Those were out to get him. He started bending down to gather everything when he had an idea.

"Hiya, Nikki! Since you stumbled into me, did'ja—"

"NO!" Nikki shouted, abruptly cutting him off. "I don't want to carry those. You carry them." David sighed, but was glad that he had found Nikki. Who knew what lived around these parts at night.

"C'mon, Nikki, let's hike back to camp!" David patted the feral girl. "Okay..." she sniffed the air with her nose and followed him as she did so. It occurred to David that she wasn't using sight, but smell and sound to move after him. Overall her movements seemed a little uncertain, but just a little more sluggish than the norm. Especially her right leg, which she was hesitant to put weight on.

"Nikki? Can I see your leg?" She shrugged, which David took to be a good sign. She's a good camper, she just likes to cause mischief. Nikki smiled, reminding David of that day when he thought he heard her voice in his head. BUT I WAS TALKING TO YOU. David stopped. Nikki laughed.

(Time Skip dedicated to Pan, Greek god of wild places.)

Max felt crappy. His head felt like it was broken, and healed itself back together. An all together shitty as hell feeling. There was something in his hand though. A lanyard. One the colors of his hoodie. "What the hell..."

He slipped his hoodie over his face. When it was on, he put the lanyard in the center pocket. Then to get some of the fucking awful coffee. Still awful.

Max walked down and out of the tent where David was preaching.

"Okay, Campers!" Groans emanated from everyone but Nikki, who looked half excited and more awake. "Today we're making lanyards!!! Like this!" He was practically bouncing as he held up a box of pre-made ones. Did that bastard ever sleep? Speaking of which... Max felt the lanyard in his pocket.

Nearly thirty minutes later, everyone was in the mess hall. Max looked at the wanna-be elf talking to Top Hat. She was explaining how her lanyard granted her +10 health points and +6 friendship.

Regular Jock was giving a 'free wedge' to Theatre Annoyance. Max sighed. This was going to be a regular day at this hellhole, wasn't it?

———————————————————————————————————————

David went around to everyone, helping them make their lanyards and giving advice. He thought he was being very helpful, for the whole. After all, if you greet the day with a smile, things may go wrong but you'll feel better about their failure. Suddenly, David saw Max fiddling with his pockets.

He walked over, and sat down on the bench next to Max, Neal, and Nikki. Max looked up briefly, flipped him off, and continued to fiddle. "Max! Rude Gestures!" He shrugged. "Hey, maybe I can help you if I see the lanyard you made." Max glared at David, before showing him a lanyard.

Just by feeling it, he could tell that there was more to it than meets the eye. It seemed like it carried some sort of weight, but looked the same on the surface. David made a mental note to ask Harrison about it. He could always tell Harrison was different than the average kid. He could also tell that this lanyard was the exact same way. Except for the fact that it was a lanyard instead.

"Max?" "Yeah?" "Maybe you should ask Harrison about the Lanyard! He could give you some tips on making more, I think!" Max sighed. Muttering a quick, "Fuck you." He got up and walked over towards Harrison.

This was going to be another great day at Camp Campbell!

Word Count: 892

Mild Revision: July 23, '19