Chapter 14

Once everyone finished protesting, the loud siren of a cop car pulled up a few streets down.

"Oh shit!" You say as you drop your tagger on the ground.

You run to Markus and point down the road the cops were down.

"They will kill all these androids if you give them a chance. Retreat some of the androids to Jericho," you say as you point at some deviants.

Markus nods as he mind links to everyone.

"Everyone fall back to Jericho..." he says in the mind link.

Suddenly, gun shots rang throughout the streets.

"No!!" Markus yells as both of you run towards the sound.

About 10 androids were on the ground, deactivated, while the others were bunched up by the cop car further down the road.

North was on her knees, tears dripping down her face as she stared at the other BL100 model that was sadly shot.

Markus ran over to her and squatted beside her as you stayed still, glancing towards the police car.

You see two male officers on their knees with their hands behind their head.

You used your contacts to zoom in on them both.

You didn't recognize one, but the other cop was Chris...your coworker and close friend.

Your breathing hitched as Markus stood up and walked towards the two cops.

Quickly, you hide behind a few androids, unsure of what Markus was going to do.

"They killed out people Markus.." "We want justice Markus!" "They have to pay!"

The voices of the deviants shouted as one of them hands Markus a gun.

You gasp as you watch Markus closely.. he wouldn't kill anyone.. right?

Markus lifts the gun towards Chris.

Chris begins to weep, making your heart shatter.

"You don't have to do this.. no...please please..." Chris cries as his body trembles.

Markus glances back at you, who had your hand covering your mouth in shock.

Markus then puts down the gun...

"An eye for and eye and the world goes blind..." Markus says as he hands the gun back to the android.

"We won't punish a crime, with another crime," Markus exclaims as he turns on his heels and walks away.

You quickly and quietly follow Markus, staying out of the officers view.

"You did what was right Markus.." you whisper as you turn the corner of a street.

Markus nods as he walks towards the sewer down a small alley.

You sigh as you begin to walk back towards your apartment.