The Interviews

The next day, Effie took Gale into a room after breakfast, and Haymitch took me onto the sofa in the main room.

"The interviews are today," he said, sternly, "and we need to know how you are going to play it."

"Ok," I said, unsure.

"Everyone get three minutes to talk with Caesar, and trust me; if you are nervous, he helps you become the star of the interviews."

"Ok."

"I think you could go as sweet and funny, but with a sharp edge."

"What do you mean?"

"You are going to be sweet and funny when Caesar asks you questions, but you also are going to have a 'dark' side."

Haymitch asked me practice questions that Caesar will most likely ask.

Then it was time. I waited in line with the 23 other tributes. Half an hour later I was face to face with celebrity Caesar Flickerman. A man turned a timer on.

"So, Prim, how did you, the most unlikely of all, a little 12-year-old from District 12, get a 12 in training?"

"I may look weak, and I do not think you are rude by thinking so, but I am strong. I may not be as muscular as Cato, but I am not just a little, unprepared girl from the poorest part of District 12. Well...I kind of am," I grinned. The audience laughed.

"Well, Prim, who will you miss most back home?"

"My cat, Buttercup."

Caesar laughed when I mentioned Buttercup.

"Do you think you have a chance at winning?"

"I think I have as much chance as any of the people who have trained their entire lives for this."

Caesar and I joked and joked.

The timer buzzed, the crowd shouted "No!" through their tears of laughter  And Caesar said goodbye.

It was Gale's turn.

"Well, Gale Hawthorne, do you think you can outdo your fellow district tribute in this interview?" Caesar asked Gale.

"No way! Prim has a knack for charming people. Just the way her sister charmed me," Gale said, he was playing the lost lover.

"Well, if you win, I am sure she will fall for you if she has not, but that seems unlikely. I mean, who does like you?" Caesar asked the audience. They went crazy. 

They talked and talked until a timer buzzed.

Caeser said goodbye to Gale.

"That is it for the 74th annual Hunger Games!" Caesar Flickerkman concluded, the audience awwed. 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Did Caesar die before/in/after the war?

Please remember to Vote and Comment!