Sophie

Marvel, Glimmer, Cato, Dan, and Rue's faces appeared in the sky. Ten tributes dead, fourteen left. What was I going to do? Sure, I had my 12 in training, but what is that here? I can not really survive out here with some crackers and dried fruit. 

I started walking. I do not know why, but towards to Cornucopia. The careers are not there, but Thresh might, and he could kill me in seconds. And what about Gale? If it comes down to us two, I do not know what will happen. 

"There has been a rule change," Seneca Crane's voice boomed over the arena, "Two tributes from each district may win. Good luck." 

Then I heard someone's voice screaming, "Prim! Prim!" What did Gale think he was doing? If someone hears him, we will be dead. 

I ran towards his voice, though. I need him. "Gale! Gale!" I started yelling. Then I saw him, he was running through the trees.

"What do you think you are doing?" I asked, "If anyone hears us-"

"We are stronger than anyone else in this arena," he says.

I know every camera is on us right now.

"We can win, Prim, we can go home. You and me, we can see Katniss. And you can see Buttercup and your mom. And I can see my mother and brothers!"

"We will win," I say. I have never seen Gale look this happy before.

Then a girl burst through a clearing in the trees. She had a knife in her hand, was limping and had a severe cut in her leg. Gale aimed his knife at her but I stopped him. "Wait," I said.

"You do NOT want to know someone you have to kill, Prim!" he said. But I walked towards the girl. 

"Drop the knife," I commanded.

The girl dropped it.

"What is your name?" I asked.

"Sophie," she said.

"Well, Sophie, do you actually think you can kill us?" 

"No. I think I can seriously hurt you, though, to the point you will die in a few days. I want to be allies."

"So that you can kill us in our sleep?"

"No."

"Why?"

"What?"

"Why do you want to be our allies?"

"You guys said it, you are the strongest people in the arena, and have the best chance of winning, now that the careers are dead. I wonder who killed them."

"Me. And if we do agree, do not think we are going to be saving your back."

"I know."

I turned to Gale and mouthed, NOW.

He threw the knife and it hit her square in the chest.  She collapsed and a few minutes later a cannon sounded. 

"Let's go," I said.

We hiked back to the Cornucopia. It took a good three hours. My lips were cracked and there was an earthquake in my stomach. When we got there, we saw that Thresh was there, sitting in the mouth, drinking water.

We inched along the edge of the Cornucopia, and when we were at the mouth I said, "Allies?"

Thresh jumped, pointed his knife at us, recognized us and said, "Sure." 

That night, Sophie's face looked at us with a big blue DISTRICT 6 next to it.  11 dead. 13 to go. 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It was so brutal but so necessary. Who agrees?

Please vote and comment!