The Capitol is getting bored

Four days went by, we were the new career pack. No one died. Well, no one was killed, a boy, Daniel, stumbled into the clearing with the Cornucopia with awful gashes everywhere on his body, collapsed into a heap, and a cannon sounded. The Capitol is getting bored. What mutts (Mutations) will they be sending after us?  Four days later, they still have not done anything. The last time this happened, all of the girls from district eight-twelve had become allies and were planning something huge to kill off all of the careers.

"Guys," I said, screwing the cap back onto my water bottle, "I think we are going to be attacked soon, otherwise, they would have sent some Capitol Mutts after us."

"Yah," Thresh agreed. He picked up a spear from where he was sitting, Gale grabbed a knife, and I picked up a trident. Another year, the victor, Finnick Odair, used a trident. He would bludgeon the other tributes to death in seconds.

Then it happened. What a coincidence. Eight of the eleven remaining tributes ran in from all sides of the Cornucopia.  Tresh threw enormous rocks at two of the tributes, and they instantly fell to the floor. Gale threw a knife after knife but only managed to kill one tribute and injure one awfully. Two of them were approaching me and Thresh who were side by side protecting the mouth of the Cornucopia. One gained on Thresh, stabbed him with a knife, and a cannon sounded. They were approaching me. I stabbed both my spear and they fell on the ground as a cannon sounded. Another cannon sounded. Gale must have killed one of the others. I stabbed another one and they fell on the floor. The last three approached me. Wait--three? It should be two! Gale killed one just now...

I killed the last three and ran around the corner of the Cornucopia, there were bodies everywhere. I saw Gale, lying on the floor, a knife in his heart. 

"Congratulations, Primrose Everdeen, for winning the 74th annual Hunger Games!" Seneca Crane's voice boomed. This could not be happening. This was not real. Gale was dead, and here I am, standing over his body. No, I did not kill him, but all the same...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I am so sorry. Please accept my apology.

Please vote and comment!