Chapter Three

Monday
When we get to school Jacob walks me to class. He said he did it because he wanted more time with me. I of course know that not why.
"Jacob what's wrong?" I ask.
"Juliet for the last time nothing. I just wanted to be with you." He said. Rolling his eyes in annoyance. I look at him. "Alright, alright. I'm worried about you. What happened last night scared me, that man could've kidnapped you, and what's stopping him from doing it here when we're not around."
"Jacob I'll be fine. Remember you guys forced me into fight training and I was the best in class." I remind him.
He laughs. "I know I'll see you later."
"Bye." I say walking into class.
After Class
Once I walked out of class I see the girls running up to me. I haven't heard from them since the party.
"Juliet we're sorry." they say in unison.
"Its okay," I say hugging them "thank you."
They look at me confused. "For calling them."
They look at me weirdly but ignore it. "Lets go to class."Andy says.
"Or we could skip." I suggest.
"Excellent idea!" Cassie says.
"I don't know...aren't you in enough trouble with your brothers?" Andy asks.
"Andy don't worry about me, I'm fine." I tell her.
"Okay know that we're done talking about this lets go to the pond!" Cassie says.
"Okay." we say and start our way to the pond out behind the school.
At the pond
"So what happened Friday night?" cassie asks.
"They yelled at me I argued back and Jake slapped me, so I went to my room locked the door and went to the balcony." I explained. "When i went on the balcony I heard James say something about me sneaking out and their enemy wanting me. Xavier shut him up so I walked in and sat against my door where Jake was just on the other side. I feel asleep there and then when I woke up i was on my bed and there was a noise on the balcony. I ran to the door unlocked it and ran to Xavier room."
"Is that why Jacob walked you to class?" Andy asks.
"Yeah he's scared the guys gonna come back and get me." I say.
The girls gasped. "And here you are sitting in the wide open!" cassie exclaims.
"Do you know how dangerous this is?!"Andy asks.
"Apparently she doesn't." I hear Jacob's voice behind me.
"What are you doing here?" I ask.
"Watching my sister skip class ." he says.
"How did you even know I was here?"
"I followed you." I groan in annoyance. "What are you doing?"
"Talking." I say.
"Why aren't you in class?"
"Because I wasn't in the mood to listen to the teacher."
"Sounds about right."he says smiling.
"So your not mad?"
"Not one bit. But next time tell me so I can come with you. At least until find that creep." he explains.
"Okay"
We talk a little more until the bell rings. Andy goes to English while cassie and I go to history accompanied by Jacob.
After history Jacob meets up with us and walks us to the cafeteria where we sit at the regular table.
After that Jacob walked us to the dance studio in the school. Its one of our electives. We do it outside of school along with boxing and music.
After school
"Juliet we need to talk to you." Xavier says. I sit down and wait for them to tell me.
"Mom and dad didn't just own the company they were gang leaders."Calvin tells me.
"When they died I became the leader." Xavier says.
"Jules we have a rival gang in the next city over," Jake explains "the leader now is Hendrix King his father killed our parents."
"Juliet he wants you." James says.
"What do you mean he wants me?"
"He saw you and he chose you." Rigel says.
"Chose me for what?" I ask. In starting to get confused.
"Chose you for him. There something about you that caught his attention."
Then it started to make since.
"Guys this is serious! Our little sister is trying to sneak around with guys and our enemy is out to get her!" James says.
"Shh, James not out here! Someone could hear" Xavier says.
*
"Oh princess it's all a matter of time before I get you in my arms." he whispers in my earear.
*
"Oh princess I think you know exactly what I want. I want you." he whispers "And I will have you. Cause I get what want."

They were protecting me from him. They didn't want to risk him catching and taking me.
"Why didn't you tell me about our parents earlier?" I ask.
"We didn't want to ruin the image you had of them." Jacob says.
"It doesn't change the image I had of them, they still loved and cared for us until there very last breath." I say.