Pick A Fight ↹ Richie Tozier

Prompt: Requested by strrwberries on tumblr: "can you do a curvy/thick reader imagine with richie? maybe henry is bullying the reader for her weight and she gets insecure, richie finds out what henry said and tries to pick a fight with henry. the reader is cleaning richie up from the fight and richie tells her how beautiful she is and that weight doesnt matter to him AND JUST SUPER FLUFFY :') thank u <3"
Pairing: Richie Tozier x Curvy!Female!Reader
Word Count: 793
Warnings: verbal insults regarding weight, "fight" between henry and richie, swearing????
Pronouns: SHE/HER

You rode home on your bike, tears blinding your vision as you tried to keep your balance. Henry Bowers once again had cornered you and called you terrible things. It's happened more than once and usually you wouldn't let it affect you, but today for some reason was different. Today felt more personal.

"Are you sure you need that ice cream?" You could still hear Henry snicker to his friends, "You know, your loser friends aren't going to like you if you're an obese pig,"

Your weight was never anything that bugged you, it wasn't anything you had to worry about when you were younger. But once you hit puberty, and you started developing more "womanly" qualities, you started becoming anxious and self conscious. Bowers saying that your friends wouldn't like you if you were an "obese pig" was an outrageous though, but it suddenly was the only thing you could think about.

When you arrived at your house and you threw your bike down in your front yard, you noticed one of your best friends, Richie Tozier, sitting on your front porch. It was clear he had been sitting there for awhile, his head in his hands looking bored out of his mind. Richie's face went to immediate concern when he saw that you were crying.

"(Y/N)? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Richie asked, grabbing you by the shoulders. He was very clearly worried, "Did something happen?"

You nodded your head and hugged him, without saying anything. He let you cry for a couple minutes without pushing you for answers, but eventually he made you talk.

"Bowers called me an obese pig," You began, "And told me all of you guys wouldn't like me anymore if I got fat because I was eating an ice cream,"

Richie's face went red as he got angry right away. How dare Henry say something like that for you, you weren't fat. No where near obese. Richie swore to himself he'd kick Bowers' ass, or, at least, try.

"Richie, where are you going? " You question, watching him get on his bike and start moving down the street.

"To fight Bowers," Richie responded, "He can't say that kind of stuff to you! I'll show him what's up,"

You shrieked slightly and jumped on your bike, following close behind Richie. You knew there was no stopping him, when Richie set his mind to something he was going to do it. There wasn't a doubt in your mind, or in his, that he was going to get his ass kicked.

"What the fuck, Bowers?" Richie yelled, "Why would you say something like that to (Y/N)?"

"Oh what do we have here? Did the little piggy go squealing back to her boyfriend?" Henry and his boys all laughed while making pig noises towards you, causing your eyes to start watering, "Get out of here, four-eyes, before I have to teach you both a lesson."

"(Y/N) is not fat, you bastard! She's perfect!"

Before you knew exactly what was going on, Richie punched Henry square in the nose. You gasped, and then shouted as Henry pushed Richie to the ground and began punching him several times. It didn't last long, Richie's nose and lip were both red with blood and his glasses looked like they were going to fall apart. As soon as Henry got off of him, Richie sat up and looked at you with a sheepish smile.

You and Richie rode back to your house without words, and once inside, you began cleaning up his face. You were still in shock that he did that. That he was dumb enough to pick a fight with Bowers. That he called you perfect.

"Ouch, be careful. That hurts," Richie flinched as you dabbed damp rag on the cut on the bridge of his nose. It was already bruising pretty badly.

"I wish you hadn't done that," You sighed, "You didn't need to,"

"I did. And I meant what I said," Richie spoke, causing you to stop what you were doing and look him in the eyes.

"What?"

"When I said you're perfect," He explained, "I don't think you're fat, and even if you were, your weight doesn't matter to me. Or to any of the Losers, we all love you. I love you,"

Your cheeks turned red as you smiled at him, "Really? You really feel that way?"

Richie smiled at you, not without wincing from the pain it caused him, and nodded, "Yes of course, I would never lie to you."

You smiled back at him and gave him a quick hug, "Thank you so much, Richie. But for future references, you can just say it. You don't have to get your ass kicked by Bowers."