Sign for Love ↹ Richie Tozier

part 2 to Signs
Pairing: Richie Tozier x Mute!Female!Reader
Prompt: anon requested: "Hello~! May I request a part two for signs?"
Warnings: nothing but CUTENESS
Word Count: 637
A/N: this prompt in general is cute as shit and so im glad I got to write a part 2. If it's in italics that means that it's being signed and not spoken!!! Also this is short because for some reason I can't seem to write anything longer than 600 words and it's really peeving me off.
Pronouns: SHE/HER
——

It had been months since (Y/N) had officially "talked" to Richie Tozier, and those few months had been fantastic if you had asked any of the Losers. They all got along amazingly, despite her being mute and having to sign all the time.

All the Losers did a little bit of learning here and there, learning "please" and "thank you". But Richie had gone above and beyond in learning. He asked his parents if they knew anywhere that taught sign language as a secondary language as one would learn French or Spanish. It took them awhile, but they eventually found a tutor that taught Richie all the needed to know. He wanted to be able to have entire conversations with (Y/N) in sign language, instead of him talking and her writing or only using a little bit of sighing to speak with him. He felt bad that she had to go out of her way to communicate with everyone in her life aside her family, so he decided to be one less person she had to do that with.

Richie had been taking the classes for five months by the time he knew enough to do what he wanted. He wanted to confess to (Y/N) that he really did like her a lot using only sign language. Riche and the others were convinced he was in love with her, and (Y/N) and the others were convinced she was in love with him.

Finally, the time had come when Richie was going to tell her. He wanted to make sure that everything was perfect, he had the other Losers help him set up. He was going really cliche with this, Beverly tried to tell him to do something more original but he was insisting on doing what he wanted.

Richie was patiently waiting at the Quarry with a picnic blanket sat beneath him and a basket in front of him with a few of (Y/N)'s favorite things, such as fruits and sandwiches. Bill was responsible for bringing (Y/N) to where Richie was waiting, and right on time the two of them showed up.

"Thanks Bill," Richie smiled, then looking at (Y/N) who looked confused.

"What is this?" (Y/N) asked Richie approaching him and sitting down next to him on the blanket, not really noticing that Bill had left.

Richie took in one big breath, then began signing as fast as he could without messing up.

"(Y/N), I wanted to tell you that I love you." Richie was really nervous, the Trashmouth was sweating he was so nervous, "Even before we met I thought you were more than interesting, and after meeting you that feeling didn't go away. It only got stronger. I wanted to do something special for you to tell you how I felt, and I figured learning sign language to do so would be special enough. So here it is."

He hadn't realized his eyes were closed until he had to open them to see (Y/N) hugging him. He had never realized how short she really was until she hugged him.

"Trashmouth, that was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me," Richie smiled at her response. He had never loved being called Trashmouth so much before (Y/N) had called him that. "I love you too."

His eyes got wide and he smiled, this time actually speaking out loud, "Oh my god that's fantastic!" He was so excited, he almost forgot to sign the next part, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes." (Y/N) signed back, then hugged Richie again. She had gotten a lot out of her friendship with the Losers, but if you were to ask her what her favorite thing was. She would definitely tell you that it's Richie Tozier.