Let Me Help You ↹ Bill Denbrough

Pairing: Bill x Reader
Prompt: "You mean so much to me, please let me help."
Word Count: 721
Warnings: Bill being depressed and talking about how he blames himself for Georgie's disappearance. This is more of friends than a relationship, also.
Pronouns: THEY/THEM

It had been a week since Georgie disappeared. Bill Denbrough had distanced himself from everyone, his parents, his friends, even his pet hamster. All he could think about was Georgie, and the fact that he could have prevented it. They didn't even know what happened exactly, the suspicion was that he was swept into a storm drain on the side of the road, but no one set aside the possibility of a kidnapping.

(Y/N) sat on the steps of the Denbrough household. Bill's mother said that she'd try to get him to come out, but he just wasn't feeling up to talking to anyone. All he wanted was his brother back, but he knew that was impossible. He couldn't get Georgie back, and it was his fault he's gone in the first place.

"Can I please come in? He won't talk to any of us," (Y/N) chewed the inside of their cheek, they just wanted to see Bill. All of the Losers did, but (Y/N) seemed to be the only one with enough guts to go to the Denbrough household.

Mrs. Denbrough glanced around for a second, before opening the door further and letting (Y/N) inside. They already knew the way to Bill's bedroom, and they knew that's where he'd be.

"Bill? Can I come in?" (Y/N) knocked on the door, their voice was soft as they wanted Bill to know they were only there to help.

"G-Go away," Bill replied, his voice seemed hoarse, likely from crying and not using it very much, "I d-dont want to t-talk,"

"Please, Bill. Let me in," (Y/N)'s voice was strained, they wanted to cry. They loved Bill so much, the two were best friends. The rest of the Losers were close to Bill, but (Y/N) and Bill just clicked. Like soulmates, platonic soulmates.

(Y/N) heard the lock on the door click and the door opened slightly, but by the time they opened the door, Bill was already laying in his bed again, covered by a mountain on blankets. The room was a mess, food wrappers and dirty clothes scattered everywhere. They pretended not to notice the mess, or Georgie's favourite stuffed animal laying on the desk in front of Bill's window.

"Bill, come on, sit up. Talk to me," They sat at the edge of his bed with their legs crossed, "Please,"

"I-I can't," Bill sounded like he was crying, "It hu-hurts too m-m-much," His entire body shook as he took in a breath, he was crying.

"You can't sit here forever and hole yourself up. We have to go out there, we can look for him. We could find him," (Y/N) tried to keep their voice as positive sounding as possible, but it was hard. Seeing their best friend like this tore them apart, it made them feel like crying, too.

"I-I ca-can if th-that's wh-what makes me for-forget about ev-everything," His stutter sounded worse than usual, and (Y/N) knew it was a combination of his nerves and the fact that he was so upset. Bill's stutter always tends to get better or worse depending on how he's feeling. It hurt them that he was hurting like this.

"You can't. It's not healthy. We miss you," (Y/N) sighed, "You mean to much to us. You mean so much to me, please let me help,"

Bill pulled the covers off of his face and looks at them, "I'm sor-sorry I've be-been distancing myself th-the w-way I have been. With Georgie g-go-gone things have ju-just been so hard, it's all my f-fault,"

"Don't apologise, Bill. But none of it was your fault. You being with him just would have put yourself in danger, too," (Y/N) scooted up next to him and pulled his head into their chest in hopes to comfort him, "Everything is going to be okay. I'm here for you, and so are the rest of the Losers. You just have to let us help you."

Bill didn't say anything, he just kept his head in their chest and closed his eyes. Listening to their heartbeat and feeling their chest rise and fall as they breathed made him feel safe and comfortable. After awhile, Bill Denbrough fell asleep in the comfort of his best friend, (Y/N) (L/N).