Chapter 6

"Felicity any news on nessa?"

"Sorry Oliver nothing, I've been staring at these monitors for the past three days."

"Alright keep working." Oliver said, his impatience becoming evident in his tone. Vanessa's coms have been down since she had entered the warehouse. By the time Oliver got to her the building was empty, they found nothing except for her gun and some creates. Sara was back on the Waverider and there was no way to reach her if they didn't know when in time she was. The situation seemed hopeless but the team continued working.
———————————————-
"Gideon, what's our status on Vandal Savage?" Rip yelled at the AI as he paced back and forth.

"He appears to be in the year 2018."

"The future? Why would Savage want to go to 2018?" Rip asked scrunching up his face while he went through his thought process.

"I'm not sure Captain, however I am receiving an incoming video message from Mr.Savage.

"Put it on." Rip ordered. The team had moved from the main computers into his office to get a better look at the monitor.

" Ah Captain Hunter I do have to say it is good to see you again." The man let a sly smirk spread across his face. He seemed to enjoy toying with the Legends.

"Cut the crap Savage what do you want?" Sara replies starting to get impatient with his games.

"Haha you are in no position to give me orders Miss Lance.  You see, I have something that you care very deeply about and if you want to get it back in one piece you will listen to my offer." He then gestured to someone outside the camera frame then, placing his hand back on his staff as he stood with the grin on his face getting bigger.  Two men then dragged what looked like the lifeless body of  Vanessa Lance into view. "One hour Miss Lance give me your Captain and I will let the girl go. If you decide to try anything I will make you watch as I kill her very very slowly. You know where to find me."

Immediately Sara's blood started to boil. Sara turned around and walked towards her room not saying a word to the other legends. She knew this was a fight that the legends could not get involved in. This was a family matter.
—————————————————
Vanessa slowly came to in what looked like the living room of some stereotypical psychotic serial killer. Heads of animals mounted on the walls, a fire roaring in the biggest fire place she had ever seen, fur carpets on the floor, and multiple bookshelves that stood tall filled with old books all the way to the top.  Her head began to pound, the pain getting worse by the minute. She tried getting up only to find her hands tied behind her back. "Kay nessa, you just got kidnapped no big deal. Just stay calm find a way to free your hands." She leaned backwards using the couch behind her to push herself to her feet. Looking around, she saw a pair of scissors on the table next to the door. "Okay..... so this is too easy... what idiot leaves a pair of scissors with their hostage??" Cutting herself free she began to look around the room. "Clues look for clues, anything that tells me where I am." She mutters to herself. Glancing at the bookshelves around the room she noticed something odd. One book in particular which she had sworn she has seen before. Just before she was about to walk towards it the sound of footsteps started to get louder. Someone was approaching the room. Immediately she grabbed the rope that once tied her down and wrapped it around her wrists making her appear to be tied up. She then lowered herself to the floor pretending to still be unconscious. She heard the door open and then close again.

"She's still unconscious." Said the man

"What does the boss man even want with her?" Said another

"Dunno, I think she has something to do with those legends he keeps raving about. Just grab the book and let's go this room always gives me the creeps."

"Alright, no need to whine about it. With any luck though he might just kill her n' put her with the rest of his trophies. She was really annoying before we put her out, killed six of our men in the process."

"Haha yeah I mean Savage will probably just throw her into the machine. Then she can kill whomever she likes on that earth."

As soon as the door closed Vanessa waited until she couldn't hear the foot steps anymore. She then got up and took one last glance around the room.

"Fuck, I need to get outta here and, warn Sara about deputy dipshit and his partner."