Part 4

"Saralyn come on!!! Fury wants to speak with us in five minutes!"

I turn around to bury my head under the covers again.

"Come on just wake up!" Natasha continues to shout while shaking me out of my sweet dreams.

"I'm coming" I groan in a still sleepy voice.

"I'll wait for you downstairs" she finally says before leaving my bedroom.

I take a quick shower before putting on my suit, looking almost exactly like Natasha's. If Fury wants to see us, I'm sure I'm going to sit in the jet in less than two hours. It only takes me five seconds to bound my long-curled hair in a ponytail. I'm pretty excited to be honest. It's been a while since I've been on a real mission and I'm starting to miss the adrenaline. I enter the room right in time to see Natasha and Clint already standing in front of the screen.

"Your mission is simple, agents. You need to enter the Hydra facility to collect as more information as you can. They are lots of children being kidnapped lately and we need to know if it has something to do with Hydra. I will send you the details on the way." Fury bluntly explains before cutting the conversation off.

"Wow, he seems in a really good mood today!" Clint states, making me laugh as we make our way to the roof where the jet is already waiting for us.

---------------------------------

The jet finally flies off and we programed the autopilot to reach our destination. Meanwhile, we are all standing in front of the little computer, reading the details Fury just send us.

"Damn it! An underwater facility, really?!" I burst out desperately before I could stop myself.

Both agents turn around, to look at me eyebrow raised in disbelief.

"Don't get me wrong, I know water is kind of my thing, but I didn't choose my gift. I hate to swim since I almost drown as a child" I confess to my two teammates.

"We can't take our ship, it would drive to much attention towards us. The only way is to swim. Remember, our mission is to stay hidden and find the information we need." Natasha states, ignoring my comment. I sigh before giving in.

"Fine! Let's get it over with."

-------------------------------

I try to keep myself from panicking as we slowly reach the Hydra facility. I'm still not comfortable with the fact that we're swimming in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. I look around me, to make sure that Clint and Natasha are still following. I can see a trap on the top and try to open it. We all jump in, finally entering the facility. I look around to see, we landed in a small empty room. The walls are all grey and there is barely light piercing from under the door.

"See, you're still alive. For now." Clint jokes.

"Haha, so funny, really." I reply in an annoyed voice.

"Enough, kids. We have a mission to finish" Natasha reprimand. We take off our equipment before hiding it in the abandoned room we are currently standing in.

"We better find a ship to escape. I doubt that we'll have the time to put all this stuff on again, when we'll be running for dear life." I say in a sarcastic tone.

"We better split up. We're not sure where to find the central computer, so we better hurry." Natasha orders before leaving the room.

"Always the professional one." Clint sighs next to me. "See you soon little one" he exclaims before running out.

I pop my head out to check the area, before taking the corridor on my left. I suddenly hear voices coming my way. Probably Hydra agents. I look around me to see a small notch in the wall. I quickly slide into it, hiding myself in the shadow. I hold my breath as the agents continue to walk along the corridor until they turn around the corner. I step out of my hiding place to continue my investigation. I wish Loki could be here with me. His bored attitude and his sarcastic comments would be a perfect distraction. I can't help but feel nervous, as if someone is constantly watching me.

I can see a door at the other end of the corridor and head for it. I try to open the door, but it's apparently close. I take a deep breath before putting my hand on the knock, freezing it from the inside before it finally breaks, giving me access to a dark room. I narrow my eyes as I hear soft cries. I look around the small room before I finally spot a small shadow in the far corner. A little girl is sitting there, facing the wall. I can't see her face, but her trembling body only confirms the fact that she's crying.

"Hey, it's okay I'm here to help. No one's going to hurt you anymore" I try to comfort her, while slowly entering the room to reach her. "Shh... look at me. Everything's going to be just fine." I continue in a soothing voice, stretching my hand in front of me to touch her.

Suddenly, the girl stops her crying and I stop dead in my tracks. She turns around to face me in the blink of an eye. I stand in complete shock, looking into her bright red eyes full of anger and hatred. I don't have the time to react, as she put her hand on my forehead, knocking me out.

---------------------------------

The alarm went off, just as both shield agents reach a ship. Natasha jumps on the driver seat, while Clint continues to check the area to find Saralyn.

"Saralyn, can you hear me? You better hurry, we've been discovered, we need to escape. Now!" Clint shouts in his earpiece, but still no sound of Saralyn.

"I can't reach her!" Clint informs Natasha in a desperate voice. "Hydra is coming, we need to go!"

"We can't leave her behind!" Natasha shouts back at him.

"We don't have the choice. We have the right information, we need to follow the orders. We'll come back for her, but now, there is nothing we can do" he states.

Natasha sighs, knowing that Clint is right. She finally starts the engine and leave the facility and her friend behind without another world. Both agent's head filled with regrets.