Part 9

I wake up in the next morning, still lying on the couch in the library. Loki is nowhere to be seen. I stretch and yawn before heading to the empty living room. I'm just about to put some milk into my cereals as I hear footsteps quickly approaching. I turn around and almost drop my breakfast as I come face to face with Captain America.

"Saralyn! It's finally happening! We found the location of the Hydra facility. We need to find the others. Meet downstairs as quick as you can." He orders me, excitement clear in his voice before turning around to leave.

I put my bowl on the countertop without another word and start running like crazy to get the other.

-----------------------------

Rogers is already speaking with Director Fury on the screen in front of him as I enter the room with the rest of the team following close behind.

"So, what's up Fury?" Tony asks with his legendary nonchalance.

The man on the screen just rolls his eyes before starting to explain his latest discovery.

"As you know, I choose our best agents to try to find the location of the Hydra scientists that kidnapped Saralyn a month ago. Thanks to them, we finally have an answer. They were able to trace them a week ago, to find their latest facility."

The image of Director Fury is suddenly replaced by an old building, looking like a lost bunker in the middle of a forest.

"It seems like they choose to settle their laboratory in Sweden. I will send you the exact location on the screen later on. You need to be careful. According to my agents, the building is well guarded and almost unbreakable. But since you are all anything but ordinary agents, it shouldn't be a problem. Agents Rogers?"

"Yes, Sir." The soldier replies, taking a step closer to the screen.

"You're in charge. You better save these kids and take these basters down." Fury says with a meaningful look before the screen goes black again.

"Okay, guys. Let's talk about strategy." Steve says turning to all of us. They all encircle the table in front of us, as I lock eyes with Loki a devilish smile on my face. I'm finally able to get my revenge.

---------------------------

An hour has past and we are ready to take off. I'm walking through the hallway leading to my bedroom. In need to pack a few things before leaving for Sweden. Sadly, my powers are hardly enough to break through a Hydra facility. I need to take all the weapons I can get along with some medicine in case someone gets badly hurt.

I open my door to see Loki already standing next to my window, looking at the blue sky.

"Hey, Loki. Are you okay?" I ask a little confuse about the intrusion.

"I just wanted to speak with you" he tells me, turning around to face me. "I don't like the idea of you facing the scientists again" he confesses, his face emotionless.

My blood begins to boil in my veins by hearing this.

"And what am I supposed to do? Stay here and wait for your return? Loki, you know what they did to me! I need to be a part of the mission. I need to be the one making sure they are never going to touch a kid again by killing him with my bare hands!" I yell at him, my body trembling from anger.

Loki doesn't reply and stay in front of me, looking at me motionless like a statue. I slowly breathe in and out a few times to calm down.

"I'm sorry. You know you can't ask me to stay behind. There is no way you can hold me back. I'm going to face Hydra with all the team by my side and we are going to take them down, one by one." I say in a more calmly but still stern tone. I look him dead in the eyes to make sure he understands how serious this topic actually is to me.

Loki finally moves closer to me with an almost proud smile on his face.

"Then I'm going to make sure you stay safe this time, my dear friend" he says his blue eyes looking at me.

I smile at him before reaching for his hand to hold. Instead of feeling his long fingers intertwining with mine, I find my hand going just right through them. The Loki standing in front of me is just an illusion.

"What did you expect? I have my one bags to pack, little one" he smirks mischievously at me. He gives me a final wink before disappearing, giving me the time to put my suit on before meeting the team on the rooftop.

------------------------------------

I take the seat across from Loki as the jet finally flies off and put my headphones on. I need to keep my mind free of what's going to happened. The song "My Shadow" by Keane is currently playing on my Ipod and I look at Loki's emotionless face, trying to figure out what he's thinking about.

« Cause when your back's against the wall
That's when you show no fear at all
And when you're running out of time
That's when you hitch your star to mine

We won't be leaving by the same road that we came by... »

I start to get a strange feeling by hearing these lyrics. It's like an invisible force is driving me to Loki. I can't keep my eyes off of him and I can just admire how beautiful he looks with his black raven hair and blue eyes. His Asgardian armor makes him look like the god he is.

Feeling me staring at him, he turns his head towards me to look me in the eyes. I continue to fix him right back but he still doesn't show any emotion. I know that something is bothering him deep down but I don't want to push him so I just close my eyes, lining back in my seat and let it be for now. I'm sure he's going to tell me when he feels like it.