Chapter 1: A Bad Start

Is was just another day for the class of 1-A. Izuku Midoriya was leaning on his desk, waiting for the Homeroom teacher, Shota Aizawa to release the class for lunch. He was not moving, silent, gazing across to the rowdy crowd, his eyes occasionally flicking red, removing the Quirks of those who dared to use them. That didn't stop the noise though, and the voices of Bakugo, Iida and Hagukire were primarily the sources of the nuisance. It wasn't just them though, and the entire class was making sound, until the sharp ring of the school bell signalled the end, and the soon-to-be-pro heroes left with breathtaking speed. Bakugo, moving past Izuku, kicked his bag across to the other end of the classroom, shouting at the 15-year old for reasons confusing to everyone but Bakugo, before the self-proclaimed 'Lord Explosion Murder' was forcifully removed from the classroom by Eraser Head. Izuku sighed, before walking to the back of the room to collect his old and worn bag, before being met with a surprise.

Uraraka Ochaco, one of Izuku's closest friends, had stayed behind, a troubled look on her face. She avoided eye contact when picking up his bag, before returning the item to Izuku without saying a word. Confused, Izuku opened his mouth to speak, but he was rudely interrupted.

"Oi, you two. Class is over."

Mr. Aizawa was standing by the door, tired, getting his sleeping bag out as he prepared to get some shut-eye, something which Midoriya and Ochaco was preventing. Uraraka didn't reply or fight the request and squeezed inbetween the desks in order to leave the classroom. She moved quicker then Izuku expected, and by the time she left the classroom Izuku hadn't even started to move. Uraraka was walking down the corridor at an above-average pace, again continuing her trend of ignoring everyone and anyone. Izuku noticed her, and chased after her, before losing her in the hustle and bustle of the U.A lunch crowd. Fighting against the tide, Izuku used all his energy to get through the crowd, without causing too much of a stir. Eventually, he won the battle, and caught sight of Uraraka further along the corridor.

"Uraraka! Uraraku!" Izuku cried for his friend to stop, but she continued to ignore him until she felt the warm palm of her best friend on her shoulder, she finally stopped and turned around, before falling directly into his arms, crying. Izuku was taken back by the sudden intimacy, but returned the hug as clearly Uraraka was in a bad place. She stayed in his arms for a little while longer, before leading him into the nearest room.

The nearest room turned out to be the girl's bathroom. Fortunately for Izuku, it was deserted, or he would have had to face the unbearable teasing from the rest of the dorm, barring Mineta, who was probably more annoyed it wasn't him in there.

As soon as Uraraka closed the door behind her the tears she was trying to hold back she let go. She was in a far worse spot then Izuku had ever seen her, and he didn't know what to say. He pondered for a little while longer, but the phrases and words coming into his head just seemed self-centred. It turned out though, he didn't to say anything, as Uraraka handed him her flip-phone, now with a cracked screen, open on a conversation.

It was from her dad. Izuku was confused at first, as Uraraka and her dad had a great relationship, but as he read the messages, he understood why she was so shaken.

"Uraraka, i'm sorry this is coming to you via text, but I need to tell you now. Your mother was involved in an accident at work, and we don't know if she'll be okay. I can't currently come pick you up right now, but I don't want you to stay at school, so come home, okay? I've already rang U.A, and they say its fine, so come home and i'll pick you up in 45 minutes or so. Love you, Dad."

Izuku froze. Uraraka's mother was such a nice person, and he couldn't quite believe this had happened to her. He looked up solemnly, only to find that Uraraka had rushed into his arms again.

Uraraka didn't move this time, and she stayed there until lunch ended.

Author's Note, this is my first MHA fanfiction I've done, so it would be greatly appreciated if you could leave a reveiw! Also, this is the first fanfiction where i'll upload each chapter as i finish them, meaning you can leave suggestions for where to take this story forward!  Thanks, and i'll hopefully be able to get another chapter out in a couple days or so