Chapter 6: The bottom of the pit

Ever since that encounter with Uraraka, Izuku's life has been hell. He'd been far from his usual self, moping about the U.A grounds, being sulky in lessons and generally being unpleasant. Even his best friend Iida couldn't stand talking to him, so Izuku was all on his own. He blamed himself for the way he was feeling and how he was acting, but he didn't care. He didn't care about anything at the moment, which was very out of character for the broccoli head. The third day after the incident however, Uraraka returned. She wasn't dressed in school uniform, but smart citizen clothing, and it was as Izuku ran over did he realise what was going on. She was heading to a funeral. And he knew exactly whose funeral it was Suddenly, Izuku wanted more than anything to comfort her, and yet at the same time he was compelled to run, run as far away as he could in the opposite direction and jump off the nearest cliff. He did neither, and could only muster an apologetic look as she turned and saw him. She was the one making the move, bursting into tears as she ran and hugged him. Taken aback, Izuku could offer no words of comfort, but could only stand in the silence. Soon though, her father arrived to take Uraraka presumably to the funeral, but Uraraka stood her ground, hugging Deku, the tears on her face masked by the downpour that had just started to make the day even worse. Eventually Uraraka released her grip, before starting to walk towards her father and the hearse, until she stopped, and without turning round, muttered a few words.

"Please come with me."

Izuku didn't know what to say, or how he felt about Uraraka saying it. But he couldn't turn down her offer, especially as she was in such a vulnerable state, so he followed her into the back of the hearse, and set off to the funeral.

The drive there was conducted in silence, with Uraraka's father comforting his daughter and Izuku kicking himself for not realising the situation sooner. He felt like such an idiot for everything he had done and he knew he had to make it back up to Uraraka, but now was not the time. Now, he'd had to help her through her mother's funeral.

Izuku was no stranger to funerals. From family friends to his own father's, he'd sat on a church pew, crying his eyes out whilst his mother supported him. Here though, the roles were reversed. He'd have to support Uraraka.

As soon as they made it to the funeral, so did everyone else. Uraraka's mother's friends and family all turned up, all of them swept with emotions, at least half producing tears. It was only when Izuku stepped out of the hearse did he realise his hair was a mess and his tie a disaster. Desperately trying to smarten up his hair and trying to sort out his monstrosity of a tie, it was no use. He made himself look even scruffier, until Uraraka stepped in, managing to tie his tie in-between sobs, but even she couldn't flatten his hair, letting out a sad smile, a feature Izuku feared he was now seeing too much in Uraraka. She then led him and her father into the church, moving hastily, which, as Izuku knew all too well, meant she wanted to get this over with.

Once she stepped in the church, Ochako didn't stop crying. Her dreams of being able to take her parents on holiday and allowing them to live a comfortable life was in severe danger of collapsing. She couldn't bear the thought of losing her father as well, and not fulfilling the promise she made as a small girl, the one that she had worked so hard to achieve, the promise she sacrificed so much for. She knew she'd have to get over this eventually, but, right now, more than anything else, she wanted her mother back.

To Ochako, the funeral, whilst only lasting a couple of hours, seemed to take an eternity. She had gone up to the funeral to perform a short poem she wrote about her mother, but could only manage half of it before breaking down completely. That made it even worse for Uraraka, not being able to completely say a fitting send off to her mother, which she felt she deserved.

At last though, as the clock struck 3pm, she went home. All Ochako could think about was going home and crying on her bed, and that's exactly what she planned on doing.

But the funeral wasn't the worst thing to happen to Ochako today. 

And it wasn't the worst for Izuku either.

 The plan was for Uraraka's father to drop Izuku off outside his house, where Inko Midoriya would be waiting. And that was going exactly as it should have, and that's what should have happened. As soon as the car stopped, Uraraka briskly walked to the nearest drain, a few metres away down the street, where she threw up. In truth, she had felt sick all day, and her travel sickness had not helped at all. She was soon joined by a familiar green broccoli head, who comforted her as she threw up again. She soon regained herself however, and turned just in time to see what looked like a dark green bird just drop out of the sky and roll underneath the car, right next to her father and Inko. And then it clicked. Using a mixture of fear and her training, she used her quirk to forcefully push herself and Midoriya away from the resulting explosion. Their parents weren't so lucky. As if the explosion from the grenade wasn't enough, the car exploding would have certainly killed them instantly.

As soon as she realised fully the extent of what just happened she realised them from her anti-grav quick, only to land on the hard concrete, banging her head on the hard surface, causing her to slowly lose consciousness. Just before she blacked out, she saw Deku running quicker than she'd ever seen him run, backing towards the explosion.

And then she collapsed.

A/N

So... A new chapter. First one since January. Yeah, sorry. In all fairness I've really not been in the mood for writing these last few months. Or drawing. Or learning my Japanese. I've just been doing nothing. Nothing. And I'm sorry. I might as well do something useful for once and thank Jmella0928 for being to reason I've wrote this chapter, as they commented in my last chapter about a week ago or two, and now I've wrote this one. Well, rewritten as I had already wrote it but it sucked so here we are. Also, nearly 2k reads (what? That's mental!) So a BIG thank you to those who read this and added it to their reading list. (Really, I mean it). But onto some bad news. I've completely forgotten how i was going to finish this. So I've thought of something that's definitely gonna be better then what the old idea was, but hey ho.

But that's all from me. So go beyond...
PLUS ULTRA!!!