ch. 4

I watch as Inuyasha fights yet another demon and when he wins I smile.

"He's good." I sign to Sango and she nods.

"He is." Before I can reply I notice Inuyasha tense before glaring towards the tree line as Sesshomaru appears.

"What do you want this time?" Inuyasha growls and Sesshomaru stares at me.

"I've come for the girl." He states and we all look at him confused.

"What is he talking about? Me?" I ask when Inuyasha glances at me.

"I don't know but I'm not gonna let him take you." He says as he blocks Sesshomaru's view of me while pulling out tensega. I look him over and see that he's a little beat up from fighting the other demon, fighting Sesshomaru could make him worse.

Placing a hand on his shoulder I step towards Sesshomaru and start signing.

"She wants to know if you'll leave us alone if she goes with you." Kagome reads and I watch Sesshomaru closely.

"What?! Hana that's not gonna happen because you're not going with him!" Inuyasha exclaims as I look at him.

"Yes." We all turn back to Sesshomaru. I nod before heading towards him only for Inuyasha to grab my arm.

"You're not going Hana. He's only going to hurt you." I look down before looking back up to Inuyasha.

"I know but you're still beat up from fighting the last demon. Fighting him will only make it worse. I'll be back, trust me?" I ask and he watches me before nodding.

"Only if you come back. If he hurts you, you better let me know the next time we see each other, I mean it Hana I will get you out of there as fast as I can." He says lowly and I nod before he lets go of my arm. I hurry to Sesshomaru's side as he turns to walk back into the woods and I look back to see everyone's somber looks before giving them a small smile.

I feel an arm around my waist before my feet leave the ground and I cling to Sesshomaru for dear life as I bury my face into his side.

"Your name is Hana, correct?" He asks and I nod into his chest. "Why do you not speak? Was your voice stolen?" I cling to him tighter as I peak around to see where we are only to see us still in the air. Seeing my panicked expression Sesshomaru holds me tighter against him.

After what feels like forever he brings us back to the ground near a hot springs. I look at him confused.

"Bathe. You stink of my brother." He says before turning away and walking to the trees to leave me alone. Quickly I strip out of my clothes and climb into tbe hot spring before he came back and sees my naked. Sinking low into the water I try and hide my scars the best I could.

My father was abusive and loved to beat and cut me. He's the reason why I can't talk. The abuse had gotten worse and one night he wouldn't stop beating me and the next thing that I remember is waking up in the hospital with the doctor telling me that my throat was damaged to the point that I couldn't speak and was lucky to be alive. My father was trying to kill me that night but only managed to take away my voice. I can't speak and my body is covered in scars but I'm alive so I can't complain. I am lucky.

I hear the bushes rustling and look to see Sesshomaru walking towards me and feel my face heat up and duck neck deep into the water to hide everything.

"Teach me your language." He demands and I give him a really look. "Do not look at me that way woman." He glares at me and before I know it he has my chin gently in his grip as he pulls me out of the water. "Why does my demon want you so badly?" He questions softly as I go to cover my body from his view, he looks away from my eyes and I watch as his eyes widen at the sight of my scar ridden naked body.

Pulling out of his grip I sink back into the water and turn away from him.

"Did that mutt give you those?" He asks and I shake my head no. "How long have you had them?" I hold up my fingers. "Ten years?" I nod. "How-" he stop when I look at him with tears in my eyes.

We sit in silence before I reach for my clothes to get dressed but he stops me.

"Wear this." I look at the red and white kimono in his hand. Not wanting to argue I take it gently in my hands and turn away from him to get dressed. Picking up my clothes I look up at him and we start walking again before night time.