ch. 8

After a few days it was finally time to leave to go back to feudal Japan and I was excited. I had made sure to pack plenty of medical supplies and a lot of food. Plus against Sesshomaru's wishes I packed two more sets of clothes because he doesn't like my clothes. So I packed some clothes that we both agree on.

"Hana are you ready?" I look to my bedroom door and see Kagome and nod. "Alright let's go." She smiles and I grab my bag which is surprisingly smaller than her bag. Running down stairs I wave to my aunt and grandpa before meeting the others in the old well house. Once in I stand in between Inuyasha and Sesshomaru.

"Ready?" Kagome asks and I nod. Suddenly I'm lifted up and held against someone's chest and I look up to see Sesshomaru looking indifferent. Without a word he jumped onto the ledge of the well and jumps down as I cling to him tightly. Looking up I see him watching my expression as I look at the lights.

To soon the lights fade and we're at the bottom of the well with vines hanging down. He jumps up and we're out of the well just in time for Kagome and Inuyasha to come through and as we land he carefully sets me down onto my feet.

"Thank you." I sign and he nods as we wait for Kagome and Inuyasha to come out of the well. 

"Thanks for leaving us behind!" Inuyasha says sarcastically and I grin.

"Well at least we know that she can get back and forth without us." Kagome sighs and I nod.

"Yeah yeah. Come on lets get to the village." He says before walking towards Kaede's village and we silently follow him.

"So Hana are you going to come with us?" Kagome asks and I shrug. "If you don't want to you can always stay in the village and study medicine here with Kaede." She suggests and I think about it.

"I bought a book on herbs and their healing properties." I sign and she nods.

"Do you have it with you?" She asks and I nod. "Why don't you have Kaede look through it and show you which ones are around here?" I smile and nod.

"Good idea. I'll do that before we leave." She nods and hurry to the village to have Kaede look over my book. Once she's done marking which herbs grow where I hurry to Kagome's side. Before I can reach them though someone grabs my arm tightly and I look up startled to see Sesshomaru looking down at me.

"Come with me." He instructs and I look back to my cousin and Inuyasha to see the group looking worried.

"But I'm going with them." I sign and his eyes narrow.

"I was not asking woman." I glare at him and jerk my hand away.

"I'm going with them Sesshomaru. I'm going with them to help them." We both glare at each other before something gently takes my shoulder. Looking over I see Inuyasha glaring at Sesshomaru and I turn away from the pompous jerk.

"If she doesn't want to go with you then she doesn't have too." I hear Inuyasha say as he pushes me towards the group.

"One day I will claim her as mine and you won't be able to stop me from having her at my side. If she is ever in need of me I will be there." I spin around and look at the two confused as they stare at each other and soon Sesshomaru disappears.

We walk in silence for a few days and Sesshomaru's words keep playing in my mind.

"You ok Hana?" Shippo asks and I nod.

"Are you sure?" Sango continues and I give a small smile and nod again. Realizing that I'm not going to talk they drop the subject.

When night time falls and its time to sleep I make sure that my sleeping bag is under Inuyasha's branch but close enough to the fire to keep me warm and fall asleep almost instantly.

"Hana wake up!" I jolt awake from my nightmare with tears running down my face and latch onto the closest thing I can. "Calm down. Everything is going to be alright." Whoever I'm latched onto soothes awkwardly as I calm down. Looking up I see that I'm latched onto Inuyasha. "Are you alright?" He asks and I take a deep unsteady breath before nodding. "What were you dreaming about anyway?"

"A past that won't die." I answer shakily and he nods.

"Is that why you refuse to wear clothing that shows off certain parts of your skin?" I nod. "How many scars do you have?"

"He stabbed and cut me over a hundred times. When he was finally tired of his game he slit my throat." His eyes widen.

"How are you still alive?!" He asks.

"Because he didn't want me dead. He wanted to cause as much pain as he could. He didn't care if it was physical or emotional pain. When he finally tried to end my life the neighbor heard my scream and called the cops who managed to get me to the hospital in time. Everyday I have to live with what he did to me and almost every night I have to relive everything he ever did to me." I explain.

"Hana who did that to you?" He asks and I look down to hide my tears.

"My father. He had a drinking problem and blamed me for my mom leaving him but she left him because he was cheating on her." I explain.

"Hana he can't hurt you here. As long as you're here he will never be able to touch you. No father should ever do that to a child." He states as he makes me look at him and I nod. "Now get some sleep. I'll protect you." He instructs and I crawl back into my sleeping bag as he sits beside me. Gently I grab a part of his pants leg and drift off to sleep without a nightmare.