Arrival

Merle didn't do much to wake me up. I was asleep in his arms on our bed in the cabin, he had simply stood up with me in tow. He didn't seem to want me awake, so I just moved to a more comfortable position while he carried me out. I assumed Lyndsey and Aspin were being carried by their dog-men too.

It was very quiet all around, though I did hear food steps and some whispering. I lazily opened my eyes to see a line of dog-men, all carrying sleeping or sleepy humans. They had all managed to coordinate complete silence, I assume so that we could all stay asleep while being taken off the ship. Merle must've seen i was awake, he stroked my hair and whispered to me softly. I decided to go back to sleep, shutting my eyes and placing my face against his fur.

I stayed asleep most of the way out of the space port, hardly opening my eyes the entire time. The air was warm, not too humid or dry. It seemed like perfect weather, though I didn't bother to open my eyes to take anything in. I head some noises, but not enough to bother me.

I heard the sounds of an elevator. Then, I felt myself being laid on a bed. Merle had changed me into pajamas during the flight, so I was already set. I could feel Merle lay down next to me on the soft bed, I had missed having him close at night.

Published 11/12/18
(Happy birthday Holli)