Getting to the Expo, pt. 2

We were lucky that the humans didn't really misbehave on the trip. We had the collars attached to their dominant hands to stop them from easily grabbing things that aren't theirs. Humans can get pretty grabby, although the Expo was a big deal here, some locals may not appreciate a human grabbing things that they shouldn't.

On the way down the hall to the elevator, we passed an alien with their own human. Vyelet told me later that the girl was stressed, I had noticed the owner didn't seem to pay her any mind. I cringed seeing the neck collar on the poor human, a bad combination with an absent owner.

On the elevator, we came across get another visitor to the expo. They told me they'd be heading down later, and were heading down to do laundry. His human seemed very peppy, talking Holli's ear off. She was a good sport, listening patiently.

In the lobby, I was the one to ask for a cab. Grene was trying to entertain them with something, he was successful, though they didn't know it. To them, Grene was failing at magic tricks. To him, he was just trying to distract them. I was told to expect an automatic cab in ten minutes.

All cars here are automatic. They all run on the same system, so traffic is nonexistent. It is far safer than on planets with user driven cars, and faster. Holli, Lyndsey, and Aspin all wondered at the sky, perplexed by the change in scenery. It was adorable to watch them point at the sky, Lyndsey getting the most excited out of the three of them.

On the way to the expo, the humans were all on edge. They gripped their seats, obviously still used to the dangerous cars of earth. Grene explained they were afraid of a crash, trying to calm them. He said something in English, making Lyndsey shriek and Holli grip my shirt. Apparently he had told me the car had no driver, which sounded unsafe to them.

Needless to say they didn't hesitate much getting out of the car when we arrived. Grene prepared our tickets to the Expo, getting in the express line. Vy had our human's papers prepared, and I was designated to watch the humans while we waited in line to enter the expo.

Published 11/17/18