Some new friends, Pt. 2

We'd finally reached the front of the line, it was time to check in. This is where those microchips that were put in our humans would be put to use. Upon entry, they'd be scanned. We will be given alerts on our tablets should our humans leave the expo without us. All humans entering and leaving the building are scanned.

Holli seemed startled by the alien who scanned her.

"She's pretty cute!" He chuckled at her. I smiled and agreed while a notification popped up on the device showing the scan was successful. Lyndsey and Aspin were scanned as well, each jumping st the noise the scanner made. The guard explained his scanner was on the Fritz, it was to be replaced by the end of the day.

We were greeted by a "host" as soon as we entered the expo. They took immediate interest in our humans, greeting them before speaking to us.

"Welcome to the Great Human Expo! We have an owner's breakfast going on in about twenty minutes, would you like to attend?"

I looked at my siblings. It sounded like fun, but what if the humans? They must have sensed our uncertainty, because they continued on.

"We have a free daycare going on for the humans, with various playrooms. They will be fed breakfast as well!" That sealed the deal. They led us to the daycare, where a female Dog-man was staying behind the counter.

After the traditional greeting, she led us to the back. She wasn't lying, there were multiple rooms, most full of humans. Holli seemed deeply interested in what we were looking at, but she'd have to wait. We were all taken to the last room, where several humans were already playing and a couple owners were saying their goodbyes.

I was excited to see a werewolf and a vampire were there. They were from another dimension, one where their species had already taken over Earth over a hundred years ago. I hadn't met either species yet, so it was quite exciting. All of our humans seemed unsure about them, but it didn't bother any of us.

The vampire introduced himself as Quix, and the werewolf told me his name was Tax. There was an automatic sort of friendliness between all of us. We immediately decided to go to the breakfast together. Holli and Lyndsey had been sufficiently distracted, so we all made our way out (Aspin didn't much care if we stayed or left).

"We have another owner coming to meet us." Tax explained as we left the daycare .

"Oh? What species?" Vyelet asked, deeply interested. She had a sort of bucket list to meet every species in the universe, however unlikely that is.

"Nividian," Quix explained, "their name is Quigor." Sure enough, Quigor met us as we left, his own human, who he introduced as Margaret, seeming unhappy with the situation. She seemed to speak Nivish, as several words she spoke came through on our auto-translators.

"Margaret no play, Quigor come" she sniffled. It was incredibly cute.

"Margaret play, Quigor come lunch" Quigor tried to explain to her. I could see Vyelet taking mental notes, Grene very interested in what was going on.

"I speak English. Could I help?" Grene asked. Quigor seemed hesitant, but nodded. Margaret drew back a bit when she saw my brother kneel in front of her, but she seemed to calm down moments later. Grene explained that she'd be put with other humans to play with, and that she'd be given breakfast. The human still seemed upset, but turned to Quigor and said "Okay" in Nivish.

Once Quigor had turned Margaret over to the day care, they finally came out for formal greetings. The Nividians were about the same height as us, with short, tan fur. Quigor was no different, and was very friendly towards us.
With our humans safe inside the daycare, we all resolved to head to the breakfast.

Published 12/2/18
Quix and Tax belong to DulEmeiona and Margaret and Quigor belong to DefenderofHyrule. Their characters were used with their permission and all sections of the chapter including their characters were approved before publishing. Please don't use their or anyone's original characters without their permission.