The temporary rescue...

John's heart was beating furiously against his chest as he followed Jamen down the hallway, with Ludovic trailing behind. He'd convinced Jamen to let them go, just like he'd said he would. He's seen the fear in Jamen Cassius's eyes as he threatened to sabotage the man's entire career. He was excited to tell Sherlock of how smart he had been, rub it in his face that he'd solved a case without Sherlock's help.

But honestly, he was more excited to see Sherlock. He hated to admit it, but he was very fond of Sherlock, he wanted him back.

"If you tell anyone about this, I will find and kill every person you've ever cared about, no information may be repeated out of these walls. This is not the end of our little game you've created. You will regret this." Jamen snarled, stopping at a large metal door, scowling at John through his dark eyes.

John thought of snapping back with some snarky comment, something like "no, you'll regret this!" but he could tell Jamen was wearing very thin on his patience. John knew from experience that trying a psychopath's patience never ended well.

The door was heavy as he swung it open, his muscles strained against the heavy door as he pushed it far enough for him to walk in. The first thing he noticed was the violin bow on the floor. Sherlock's bow. It reflected off of the smooth, polished white porcelain tiles. The rest of the room was a fairly simple design, white walls, tall ceiling, bed tucked in the corner neatly, but John didn't care about that.

He cared about the small boy curled up in a ball in the middle of the room.

Sherlock was dressed in a hospital gown, which clearly too big for him. His skin was deathly pale as John knelt down to his side, brushing his hand across Sherlock's thin face. He was hugging his violin like a stuffed animal and was shutting his eyes tightly, as if in pain.

"Sherlock..." He whispered gently, wishing he could scoop him up and strangle him in a hug. But he was afraid he would hurt him. What had they done to him?

His eyes opened immediately, and a pair of familiar, spectacularly colored eyes gazed into his own mundane eyes. "What took you so long?" He yawned, reaching up to rub his eyes.

"No way, you knew we were coming?" Ludovic gasped, crouching down to John's side.

Sherlock rolled his eyes, before curling up tighter as he shivered, "No, the moment I strategically placed my phone in Johns pocket before being taking away, I thought, 'at least in my final moments I'll know John was able to check his blog status'"

John smiled, for once happy to hear Sherlock's snarky comment.

"You gave him the phone?" Jamen asked, anger rising in his voice.

Surprisingly, all Sherlock did was hide his head in between his legs, muffling something softly as he shook. That made John mad. Sherlock rarely let anyone have the advantage of letting them know what they'd said affected him, yet he seemed completely terrified of Jamen.

He scooped Sherlock into his arms, despite his protests, and glared at Jamen coldly as he walked out of the room, "If you ever try to hurt him again-"

"I know, I know," Jamen interrupted, his smile dripping back into place. He seemed to have noticed Sherlock's fear, "Fear the Mother Bear John. You two really are adorable, did you know that? Until next time."

John didn't say anything. He wanted to, he wanted to make some deep threat that would scare Jamen away, but he was too busy trying to get out of there before Jamen changed his mind. He didn't know how quickly it would take for him to realize how easily he could still kidnap them all, and go completely unnoticed.