Chapter 1

"Ugh, I just don't get this at all!" You complained loudly, crossing your arms and resting your head on your pile of difficult homework. Even though school was a month away from being over, the homework would not decrease in quantity or quality.

"I wish I could just sleep..." Suddenly you heard a knock on the door. You straightened yourself up and pretended to actually be working as a voice said,

"________, may I come in?"

"Sure." You replied nonchalantly. You heard someone open the door and step into the room, so you looked up. Standing before you was Death the Kid, wearing a perfectly symmetrical apron and staring at you with his amber eyes.

"What would you like for dinner? It's my turn to cook, but it's officially the six-month anniversary of you living in Gallos Manor with us, so I thought you should decide."

"Umm... I don't really know. Maybe sausages? No hamburgers... Wait I got it! Pasta!" You replied happily. Kid chuckled a bit.

"You seem to have a hard time deciding on things, don't you ________?" Kid said playfully while poking your cheek. You swatted his hand away.

"Stop it! I don't know what your talking about!"

You had been living with Kid, Liz and Patty for six months now. You had transferred to the DWMA one month into the school year when you had found out you where a Meister. All the students were already paired up, so you were unsuccessful in finding a partner yet. Meisters and weapons usually lived together, and since you didn't have a partner, Lord Death had allowed you to live at Gallos Manor until you were able to partner up with someone. It took you a while to get used to the craziness, but eventually you got to the point where nothing could surprise you. Or so you thought.

"Okay, okay! Pasta it is!"

Kid laughed. He started to walk out when he added,

"Oh, and when you finish your homework you can help with the cooking."

Why would he need your help? Kid was the best cook you knew. You put the thought aside.

"Kid, wait!" Kid turned around to look at you. You blushed a bit. Why the heck were you blushing? It must be because your embarrassed to be asking this, it makes you feel pathetic. Yeah, that's all.

"Speaking of homework, I could use some help..."

Kid sighed and walked over to you.

"You owe me one, ________." He said as sat next to you in the far-too-large swivel chair you owned. You looked into his gorgeous eyes and replied,

"Deal."