[6] Peril

"You must find it so amusing to watch me, demon." [name] didn't even bother with the nosy dream demon, startling Gideon who was walking a further distant from her. Gideon flinched, paranoia eating him up as he looked around nervously, clinging on his sleeve tightly. "Sharp senses as always, [name]." The demon purred, his eye raking over his favorite human humorlessly. 

Gideon decided it was best to stay silent, he wasn't sure how his cousin knew his partner in crime as a former criminal, but it was best he shut the hell up. Bill Cipher, she's met him plenty of times before. Although... They were more like unwilling meetings; that dumb guardian would always nag her for anything related to that stupid demon. 

"Why don't we be partners, [name]? I'll treat you real well." Whether the demon says things to tempt her, [name] wouldn't believe his smooth talk regardless. "Save it for someone who will believe your lies." Her contempt was visible and could be heard loud and clear enough for Gideon to flinch at her harsh tone. Gideon averted his eyes elsewhere, unwilling to be a part of this conversation that screamed danger. 

"You won't even consider our compatibility? Aww... I'm hurt. I thought we had something special—" [name] gave him the cold shoulder treatment, he adored this odd human. Always rejecting him each time, even when he threw out tempting offers. However odd thing is that he could never find out what she desired for him to take advantage of. Such a shame, she could be exploited so well for his own usage. "Go bother someone else, I'm not interested in your games." Honestly, if [name] could speed up time— anything to get this demon off of her shoulder.

That dumb guardian was stupidly annoying and persistent in telling her not to fall in that demon's temptations. Of course [name] knew all about the world-wide infamous demon, but he had nothing to give her so why bother talking to it? She could waste a few words, sure, but she was disinterested in the demon himself. The name Bill Cipher gives her a headache, but it's just one less demon to think about considering he was a huge narcissist in general. 

Unfortunately he was unable to be killed— rather he could only be sealed at the moment. This demon was similarly akin to a fly, buzzing frequently around her ears. [name] very much wanted to swat the demon to death and move on with her life as she always did. Business was slow and she... could use an extra bit of favors to call in.

What about [name] that fascinated the dream demon so  much that he frequently bothered her for attention? Him, a mighty all-knowing dream demon showing up in some human's life everyday. Bill was tempted to bother her in the real world; somewhere where he could keep appearing regardless and drive those away from his precious human. Anyone could say he was addicted— so what?

His favorite human always surprised him with a new trick everyday. 

Bill Cipher enjoyed games, especially if they were long. The dream demon had met so many humans, many that began to blur into one category. 

They're all the same

Humans will and always will be greedy, there was no denial in that. The lack of greed in her eyes was interesting, even after all the tempting offers he gave her that he once interacted with previous humans who fell for this trick. Yet interest could only go so far, so the moment she finally gave in— The game would conclude him as the winner.

How long has this kind of game has been going on?

Bill doesn't know and he doesn't care as long as she continues to reject his advances. The dream demon doesn't feel emotions, he doesn't have any empathy. His emotions were null, he only wanted what people could give him.

It's not the same.

It's not satisfying when they give in so easily. Humans are controlled by their emotions, it's what that makes them weak in the first place. [name] isn't the same, in fact he wonders why she's so... decisive with her decisions. The dream demon wonders what it would be like if she ended up like the rest of those buried humans— He wouldn't remember her for so long. A face like hers was something that often haunts him since she hasn't given in.

Does she have anyone precious to her? Could he use that as an advantage point? Does Gideon have a spot in her cold interior? 

...Of course he's kidding. He wouldn't use a useless henchman like Gideon who only makes a deal on a whim without planning properly. 

Bill Cipher, after all, is a selfish creature.