[8] Troupe

All the pieces on the board all faced against each other. With the white chess pieces that hold the hope of human-kind to surpass the black chess pieces that come to destroy all living kind. The war would rage continuously with piles of bodies that do not belong to either side, begun to stack increasingly. Should he feel bad?  No, no, why should he give a damn? 

Human life is practically like grass. 

They are after all, tenacious little beings. Even if he doesn't expect they could turn the tide, they always do something that might surprise him. These little creatures could once in a while amuse him every now and then. Although these little bits of life couldn't really keep his attention considering they use the same tactics repeatedly. 

It gets boring.

Their faces are ugly. Some of them try to stand out and pretend that they're different. Sometimes they try to seduce him. Do they think he's so easily persuade just by different species' bodies? They think he can die, but do immortals suffer under a war waged by human life?

People are foolish.

His knight moves and he cuts the population in half. The bishops have taken their place that were paved there by the fallen comrades and the bodies of meat sacks scattering. It feels nice; a feeling of being on the top of the world. This is what his life would have been like, a mundane repetitive game.

Well, that would have been the case until he met them. The so-called giant baby of time gets on his nerves. They're always complaining and shoving their weight around him. Do they think he's weak?  A dream demon of all things; of course he isn't weak. He's certainly stronger than this dumb baby who thinks he's all that.

His guards are so annoying.

Always tracking, fixing his little mistakes in the time anomaly. Couldn't he at least get his little fun? Urgh! Even that dumb guardian baby really changed the timeline. Humans now live here and he's not as powerful as before. "You're ruining the timeline, demon." The baby once said, pretending to be righteous despite the one being interfering with lives in the first place.

A beam of light shot towards the baby, knocking him off balance. The two of them look towards the area where the beam came from, giving them a full view of the new figure in the equation. "Pity, I missed a good shot."  The shape of her hand forming a gun as the stranger enters the field with an indifferent smile. The guards that surround the baby point their weapon at the new person, their stance was firm, and strong.

"Who are you?" The baby demanded an answer, unhappy that someone managed to break through his wall defenses. What happened to the guards that were scouting the area? How could some nobody be able to break through?

The stranger was carelessWell, she was careless of their opinion in general. "Why should that matter? Are you gonna throw a tantrum if I don't tell you?" The mocking, it was obvious she was provoking that dumb baby who's face turned red from anger. "A-Audacious!" The stranger shrugged, not giving a damn. Swiftly, she reached the weapons sitting prettily on the side of her hips as she began to fire openly at the guards.

Unexpected by her open fire, the guards were shot down and more than half were already gone by her surprise attack.

He couldn't believe it if he hadn't seen it for himself. 

Her fluid methods of dealing with the baby's defense team were brutally murdered within a swoop of two measly guns that cornered the baby helplessly. "YouWhat are you trying to achieve?" Time baby shouted, livid by her actions. "Hmm? Just fulfilling a client's task. Anything is possible if you pay the right price." She chuckled without any remorse in her tone, the demon could remember the second her [e/c] eyes met with his singular eye.

He was fascinated.