»2. to bully

Kaira dabbed my shoulders flushing with confidence, and said, "Have a great first day brother."

"You just ruined it," I replied, rolling my eyes.

She covered her reprisal with her innocent eyes and the one word that annoyed me the most, "Aww!"

I shrugged and walked away, darting the staircase to second floor where Section G, my classroom, was assigned. As I checked the annotations on top of the classrooms, my body hit a tall figure that blocked the already narrow path. My glasses fell, as he turned around and I felt his eyes studying every detail on my average height body.

"Hey tiny lad, can't you see?" He said, pushing my shoulder.

I clutched my fists but didn't want to invite trouble on the very first day, so without answering, I bend down to pick up my glasses. But it seemed to me that his day wasn't too well, and he planned to take out his frustration on someone like me, who probably looked weaker and easier to deal with. He stamped on my glasses, as I folded my fingers back that failed to grab it from an inch.

He had to be reminded of his judgement of the 'weak' and to make him realise, appeared as a responsibility to me. I stood up staring at his eyes, as my thin lips slightly curled into a playful smile. "Well, you see," I said pausing for a breath, "Oops! maybe it's you who can't see. If you needed my glasses, I would have been kind enough to help you. Now, the broken pieces are of no use to any of us." I stared down at the shattered pieces in pity.

"Are you trying to call me blind, lad?" His annoyance gave way to aggression, visibly appearing on his crooked face as his forehead creased with fine lines of irritation.

"Nah, no not at all," I deceived. "I am not trying to call you blind, I'm actually calling you blind."

His inability to take an insult from a person whom he assumed to be weak, burned his fury. He garnished his pumped fist with his spit as he bounced to punch me. "How dare you talk to me like that? Don't you know who I am."

I stepped back but my words didn't. "Not the president's son for sure. Neither the principal's I assume." He pinned me to the wall with his dirty fist, as the crowd of students stood staring, but that didn't stop me from continuing. "Even if you were, I still don't care."

"Ugh!" He dragged his fist behind him with all his strength, preparing it for its launch on my eyes that he threatened to make blind, but to his surprise he failed to move it closer, for it was held by a student comparatively kind. The saviour gradually revealed his face that hid behind the bully's folded fingers.

"Abhay, why do you have to intimidate every newcomer?" The saviour said, his face appearing familiar.

"You have no clue Shaurya of what he did!" Abhay said. That's it! It was indeed Shaurya, Shenoy Shaurya to be specific; his name now filled the missing puzzles in my mind as his memories poured in gradually. I knew him, and he was more familiar to me than anyone I had ever met.

"Forget it Abhay! Hockey coach is calling for you, that's why I came."

"Is it?" Abhay stole a glance at me. "Today the lord showed mercy, but my eyes will still be on you," he warned, reasserting his power.

"Mercy on you," I mumbled, shrugging his dirt off my collar as I loosened the grip of my tie.

"You're fine Karnika?" Shaurya came upto me winking, as we saw Abhay leave.

"Shenoy Shaurya, it's Karn for you! Now, I didn't expect to meet someone so familiar here." I exclaimed, giving him a side hug. He was one of those few people whom I trusted with my truth, now that I had known him for 5 years at school. Actually, our ex-school.