Ali's Theory

"Huh." the doctor said.
"What?" another doctor asked.
"That's weird. That woman.....her child has gold and blue eyes." the doctor commented.
"What do you mean "gold and blue"?" the other doctor asked.
"I mean her child is an Emilen. The thing is, instead of having her gold eyes and then her secondary eye color, she has gold eyes and for her second set, one gold and one blue eye." the doctor explained.
"Well, sometimes that happens, I guess. Good for them. That probably means that, automatically, that child can control whatever element the color blue stands for. Whether it's water or electricity or both." the other doctor reasoned.
"Well, then. I think I'm going to have to hit up the EETFfD (Emilen Elements Testing Facility for Doctors) and see if they have a slot open December 10th at 10:00 AM." the doctor commented. All the while thinking to himself, little girl, what element do you control? Water? Electricity? Or are you so exotic that you control both?

*********

The following is not a blast in the past. Nor is it technically a current event.
"Hello?"
"Hello?"
"Wake up. Can you hear me?"
I open my eyes. When everything comes into focus, I see a woman in a doctor's coat looking down at me, smiling.
"Good, you're awake." She says, checking something off on the paper attached to her clipboard. My eyes snap back to her and I immediately notice something off about her eyes. Emilen. She's an Emilen. From what mommy has told me, Emilens are rare and nice and friendly. The woman swiftly moves to the end of my bed and carefully lifts up my blanket a little so she can see my feet. She tickles one foot, yet I don't feel anything. She looks up at me and notices my reaction. Then, she tickles the other. Nothing again. She cocks her head sideways, as if to question something, and this time, scratches the bottom of my feet. Nothing. This time she marks an X on her paper. The fire that once flickered in her pretty, gold eyes diminished a little.
"Can you sit up?" she asks, her voice nice, soft, and kind. I strain my arms and manage to sit up.
"Turn your head to your right?" she asks. I turn my head.
"To the left?" she asks again. I turn my head again. She puts a check mark on her paper and jots down something before asking me another question.
"Can you write your name?" she inquires, handing me a book to place it on, paper, and a pencil. I try writing my name, but instead I snap the lead on the pencil.
"Try in the other hand." she instructs. I try to with my left hand, but I still fail. She marks an X on her paper again before taking the sheet of paper and throwing it away. She leaves the room and comes back with what I think is a new sheet of paper and a menu.
"Does anything hurt?" she questions. I shake my head no. She marks an X multiple times and jots something down quickly.
"You look hungry, do you want something to eat?" she asks. I nod.
"I'll be back in a couple of minutes. In the meantime, why don't you just relax, watch some tv?" she suggests, turning on the tv and putting a show on. Then, she whips around and leaves the room.
"Vámonos!" the girl shouts. Dora. Dora the Explora (Explorer). I love Dora! It makes me happy to see there aren't all French-speaking shows here.
****Little Girl's Doctor
I walk swiftly down the hallway, away from room 308. Away from my patient. I double-check my menu to make sure I have enough food for her, but not too much. I make sure most of the stuff on the list is liquids, like soup, and the rest are light solids (meaning it's like jello and mashed potatoes. Not hard to chew and swallow). I also make sure to include a desert, jello, and double-check the food includes some of the basic vitamins your body needs, such as vitamins C and D.
"Hey, doctor, we got news on 308." a nurse, nurse Kaytlin (KATE•LIN) Ari, informs me.
"Oh, really?" I ask, shocked, but keep walking. Kaytlin struggles to keep up with me.
"Yeah, we did a DNA test and found a match at another hospital." Kaytlin states. Now I stop and turn around.
"Really? And?" I ask, pushing her forward.
"I don't know, actually. They told me to give you this. Doctor Mayna (MY•NAH) left a note for you. Said it's mandatory you look at it after reading the girl's background. I have someone else to run background info to." Kaytlin says before waving goodbye and running back the way she came. I hurry to the cafeteria, hand the lunch lady my menu, and come back no less than 5 minutes later with the girl's food. I set the food on her legs and rise her bed up so it'd be easier to eat. I open her left palm and, for a quick second, see her flinch, and then I scratch it with my fingernail. I stare at her palm, intending to build anxiety in her. Then, after a while, I lunge and pretend like I'm going to bite her fingers. She jumps back, yanking her hand back with her. I smile.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to really scare you. I just wanted to see if you had any feeling at all in your hand." I apologize. The little girl smiles. I smile back.
"Do you want to try to eat by yourself?" I suggest. She nods. I help guide her for a little bit until she gets used to using her hand enough to be able to eat the food. I sit down at a nearby chair, having just checked on all my patients recently and not being needed for anything else. Then, I hear the door unlock.
"Doctor, can we talk for a second?" a nurse I don't know asks. I get up, leaving my clipboard at my seat. I walk out the room and close the door.
"So, first, Doctor Moztov wanted to know what you prescribed for room 112. Was it 190mg or 200mg?" she asks.
"It was 190." I answer.
"Also, just so I can notify anyone needed ahead of time, what do you plan to do for her?" the nurse questions.
"Well, I plan to get her with the physical therapist so she can use her legs again, if she isn't permanently paralyzed from the waist down. I also plan to give her something to relieve the pain, maybe Tylenol if it's safe for someone her age to take, if not, tell me if you can find something that can get the job done. If you choose to use pills, give her half a pill, or an 125mg dose every 12 hours for maybe....3 days? I'm not absolutely sure how long, it depends if I still see signs of pain or if its gotten better." I instruct. The nurse jots down some quick notes before asking another question.
"125? Are you sure? That sounds like a pretty weak dose. Sure you don't want to do 140 or 150?" she asks.
"I feel 140 may be too much for someone her age. I'll tell you what: if I don't see any improvement, I'll increase if to 135, 140." I respond.
"Okay, that's all. See you later, doctor!" the nurse says, leaving. I wave back to her and slide back into the room. I jot down the girl's prescription and recommendations. Then, I get up and leave the room.
"Nailee (NY•LEE) are you free?" I ask.
"Yeah, why?" she questions.
"Can you cover for me while I go eat lunch? I'm starving." I ask again.
"Sure. Room 308?" she inquires. I nod.
"Thanks Nailee! You're the best!" I say, walking away.
"I know!" she responds, walking into the room. I head to my office and open my lunch bag and then eat my lunch as I look through the manilla file folder Kaytlin handed me. It reads:
Patient #19234577
Room: 308
First Name (Original): Xia (SH•AH)
Middle (Original): Axalliria (AXE•AL•LIH•REE•UH)-Saeliong (SAY•LEE•ONG)
Last (Original): Li (LEE)
First Name (American): Sage
Middle (American): Italy
Last (American): Anghelles (AN•GEL•S, not Angels)
Gender: Girl
Height: 40 inches (3'4)
Weight: 44lb
Eye color: Light brown
Hair color: Black
Birthday: 12/2/2790 (AGE 5)
Allergy: NONE
Family members (Nuclear): Mira Li (Mother)
Background:
Xia and her mother are immigrants originally from Beijing, China. They soon moved to Tokyo, Japan when Xia was 3, where Xia learned Japanese and stayed there until she was 4, then, for 6 months, moved to America, where she picked up her American name, then finally moved to Seoul, South Korea and stayed their until they were moved to a hospital. There, she learned Korean. She was educated at Auzhongcheon's (OZ•HONG•CHA•ON) School for Young Girls in Tokyo, Japan and at Saehongchul's (SAY•ONG•CHEW•L) Academy for Young Girls in Seoul, South Korea (which is a sister location to Auzhongcheon's School for Young Girls in Tokyo, Japan). A building ended up falling down on top of Xia and her mother Wednesday morning at our current time of 09:53 and trapped both of them under the rubble. Her mother lays in the Worldwide International Hospital in Paris, France. No relatives have came forth or have been discovered yet. It is not believed that Xia is Emilen, nor are any of her relatives.
I look at the back of the folder to find the not Kaytlin was telling me about. It read:
Anna. My dear, dear Anna. My special pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. You never did really follow the rules before, so why follow them now?
  Go wild. Don't listen to what they say.
I smile and tuck it in my binder. Then, I head back to room 308. Nailee stands up, eager to go.
"Finally, took you so long." she comments. I roll my eyes.
"As payment, I'm taking your coffee." she says, taking my cup from my stack.
"You do know I have a sore throat, right? Also, that's tea." I respond. She shrugs and walks away. I close the door behind her, then bring out my Starbucks caramel frappé and put my spoon in it. I notice Xia appears to be asleep, but I know she's not.
"Hey, Xia, beautiful, you can stop faking now. I know you're not asleep. I know you're faking it." I say. Xia turns around and faces me. Her sea blue eyes practically staring into the depths of my soul.
"How did you know I was faking?" Xia asks.
"I....just knew." I say. She lifts her head up and I adjust her pillow, then feel something hard.
"Huh? What's this?" I ask, pulling it out a little. A bible. It's a bible. Ripped, burned, and torn, but it's still a bible. Then, I put the pieces together. No wonder! Church! She was coming back from church when the building fell on her and her mother. I quickly slide it back under the pillow.
"Do you want to play a game?" I ask. She nods.
"Okay." I say, going to the closer and opening it. "What game? Candy Land, Monopoly, or Sorry?" I ask again.
"Umm....Sorry!" she exclaims.
"Sorry it is, then!" I say, happy she chose Sorry. I pull out the box and place it on her bed.
"I'm the queen of Sorry, so I'm going to whoop your butt." Xia says.
"Oh really? I bet that muffin that you're gonna lose." I reply confidently. I point to her bedside table.
"Well, I also bet on that muffin you're gonna lose." Xia says.
"Okay, then. Let's see who'll win." I respond. I know that's not how a bet works, but I don't care. So, we play sorry for about an hour when we're both tied with 3 men home and 1 standing on the last block of the safe zone and needing a 1 to win. Xia gets a 7. Then, it's my turn. I cross my fingers for a 1. I start to pull out a card when Xia hands me the muffin.
"Good game. I know you won." Xia states.
"And how are you so sure?" I question, curious.
"I can see it." she responds. She can see it? There's no possible way she can. My mind immediately comes to its own rational conclusion. It's either she's Amerivan with visions, or she's Amerivan with X-Ray vision. Most likely the X-Ray vision one. I pull the card up and she's right, it's a 1.
"I guess you can see it." I say, now with an intense amount of curiosity. She pushes the muffin closer to me, but I push it back.
"No, you can have it. It's banana nut, and both bananas and nuts make my tongue itch." I say.
"Then why would you bet on the muffin?" Xia inquires.
"Just because I want to see you actually try hard. See what the queen of Sorry can do." I reply, smiling.
"Let's play another game! This time I'll really beat you." Xia exclaims, excited. I look at my watch. It reads 19:57.
"I'm sorry, Xia. I have to go home." I state.
"Really?" she asks, sad.
"Yeah, but I promise I'll be back tomorrow." I say.
"What time?" Xia questions.
"10AM." I answer.
"When will you leave?" Xia questions again.
"6PM" I reply.
"Okay then. I'll see you tomorrow." Xia says. I pick up my stuff and wave goodbye to her and she waves back. I leave the hospital feeling satisfied with myself.
A week passes by, and the longer I spend with her, the more progress she makes with the recovery. I walk into the hospital and out my stuff away at my office when Tordi (TORE•DEE) Garcia, the lead doctor who assigns everyone's patients, knocks on the door and tells me I will no longer be working with Xia.
"Why?" I ask.
"Because you've become too attached to her, and that's the number one rule: no doctor must get attached to a patient, no matter the situation. You just threw that rule in the trash can and did whatever you wanted! That's not how this works, you break the rules, you get consequences. The file. Give me the file on her. Now." Tordi demands. I open a drawer in my desk and search through it alphabetically by last name until I find a file with Xia's last name on it. I close the drawer and hand it to him when he snatches it vigorously from my hand.
"What is this crap? You barely took any notes on her since you were too busy buying her gifts and playing games with her to do so." Tordi comments, jumping to conclusions.
"Actually, Nailee has my other—" Tordi cuts me off.
"I don't care what Nailee has. From now on, you're not to even step foot in that girl's room. Got it? Good. I'll see you later. That is, if you're not bawling your eyes out over that little girl." Tordi says, walking out of my office and slamming the door. I sigh, exhausted. The day's just begun and yet I feel like going home.
I leave my office and get to work. I make all my rounds and soon enough, lunch time rolls around. I head back to my office for lunch and unzip my lunch bag when Mayna bursts into the room.
"I asked Tordi for an explanation, but he's so one-sided it's ridiculous. Anna, tell me why I have Xia as my patient now with details. Now." Mayna commands, closing the door behind her. I explained to her what happened and by the time I finished, she was as red as a tomato.
"So he reassigned you?" Mayna asks, angry. I nod.
"I don't care, it'll probably end out working out for me anyways. You can't tell Tordi or anyone you know this." I say.
"Why?"
"Because then he'll reassign you too. He'll think that I'll use you as a vessel to do what I want to. Which I won't." I respond.
"I should've never—" I cut her off.
"Tordi, sweetie, what do you need?" I ask as Mayna sighs and opens the door.
"What were you guys talking about?" Tordi asks back.
"Nothing. Why do you want to know?" I reply, try to sound as friendly as possible.
"I'm curious." Tordi answers, crossing his arms.
"I was just asking Mayna which one you guys'd prefer: Mor—" Mayna covers my mouth with her hand.
"We were just talking about how Prince is such a cute baby! He has such chubby cheeks it's ridiculous." Mayna lies. Tordi looks at Mayna, then me.
"Tordi can you go now? We kind of want to finish our conversation in peace." Mayna asks.
"Okay then......" he says, walking away. Mayna closes the door.
"Are you crazy?" Mayna asks me harshly.
"It was just a joke, don't be so serious." I reply.
"It was not "just a joke". It's not funny." Mayna pouts.
"Okay, yeah, I get it. Don't have to be such a crybaby." I respond.
"So, what're you going to do about it?" Mayna questions.
"Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I'll just do my job. See how things pan out." I answer.
"Good choice." Mayna says, smiling.
"Alright, we should eat before our lunch break is over." I suggest. She nods and we sit down, conversing and eating our lunch until we have to get back to work. I make a couple of more rounds, write down more notes and prescriptions and the clock finally strikes 7:00, the end of my shift. I head home, ready to rest.
Nine days pass and as I end my shift, I walk down Xia's room's hallway. Usually I don't walk down here anymore, but I choose to do such because I'm in a rush to get food and it's 21:00, and 21:00 is a very late time to try and get food. Then, as I pass her room, I hear a huge THUD and then the room emergency alarm go off on the watch they give us for such. I turn around and quickly hurry to her room to find her and all the other doctors stop, knowing the situation'd be handled. I let the scanner scan my keycard and I quickly open the door and shut it most of the way.
"Oh, sweetie, what happened?" I ask, picking her up and carrying her up onto her bed. I make sure she didn't break anything and all the cords on her are firmly attached. Just as I was finishing, Tordi opens the door and locks eyes with me.
"What're you doing here?" Tordi asks.
"I was just getting ready to leave when I heard the alarm go—" Tordi cuts me off.
"Well, you should've left, then. You're really pushing your limits, Anna. Get out of this room, and I don't want to see you walk in this hallway again, got it?" Tordi commands. I nod and leave the hospital, only looking back when I hear Mayna's voice.
"I'll drive. We have a lot to talk about." Mayna states. I nod, exhausted.
  We discuss how snappy Tordi's been lately and how to get me back as Xia's doctor. Soon enough, we reach Mayna's house. She gets out and I hop in the driver's seat. I drive to McDonalds, go home, get in the house, take a shower, and change before plopping myself in bed at 10:45 and going to sleep as soon as my head hits my pillow.
  Another week later, I'm two hours away from ending my shift when Mayna dashes towards me in a hurry.
  "What's wrong?" I ask.
  "Tordi. Tordi and them. They plan to transfer her to another hospital." Mayna answers. I stare at her, confused. Sure, I'm upset, but what's so bad about that?
  "You don't get it. They plan to send her to Tahusse (TA•WHOSE) City Hospital." Mayna explains. My eyes widen. Tahusse Hospital isn't really a trusty hospital. Many times in the past, patients had to be taken to another hospital because Tahusse's power went out.
  "But Tahusse doesn't constantly have power. Without power, Xia's dead." I respond.
  "Yeah, that's the thing. Tordi claims Tahusse says they have constant power now, but I don't trust it. Why not stay in the best children's hospital in France?" Mayna questions. I grab her by the arm and rush to find Jorgi (GEORGE•E) Garcia, Tordi's brother.
  "Jorgi, can I go check on Xia please?" I ask, practically begging him.
  "Go ahead. Tordi just went to the bathroom. You have 3 minutes, make it quick." Jorgi says. I find room 308 and open the door. The lights are off, indicating that Xia is asleep. I smile, but move quickly. I pull out the huge stuffed bear with a suit and tie that I was planning to give her the day I was reassigned out from the closet and put it at the end of her bed. Then, I quickly leave, entering another hallway just as Tordi walks out of the bathroom.
  ****Xia
  I wake up to a lingering scent of perfume in the air. This perfume....I know it. It's Anna's. I smile and struggle to sit up. A little bear sits at the end of my bed with a suit and tie. This must mean things are getting better if she managed to do this. I manage to get to the bear, grab it, and go back to sleep with it.
  ****Anna
  For the rest of the day, I'm smiling. Mayna told me they plan to transfer her in a week. 7 days. I have 7 days to prove that she should stay, and I have no idea how to do it.
  Three days later, Mayna dashes over to me, grabs me by the hand and starts running.
  "Mayna! Slow down! Why're you in such a rush!" I exclaim, trying to pull free from her grip.
  "Xia's unconscious, out cold, and nobody can find a way to revive her." Mayna says so fast it took me an extra 10 seconds to comprehend what she just said. Then, I wish I didn't comprehend what she said. I wish my brain went "No comprehendo" (I do not understand in Spanish) and quit. Soon, we're in Xia's room. I immediately look at her monitor to see things are all sorts of wrong. Her LOIO (Level of incoming oxygen) was set at 25 when I originally set it at 30, which surprises me that she's still alive. It can become very dangerous if your LOIO is too low for your needs. That means you're not receiving enough oxygen, and not enough oxygen for your body can cause some serious damage, even death. If your LOIO is too high, that could also probably be dangerous be causing you're inhaling way more oxygen than your body needs. I speed towards the monitor and up her LOIO to 30 and change some other stuff too. I look at the food on the tray she was eating from, then nearly snap in half. They made sure it give her liquids and light solids, but they gave her snacks and desserts with Vitamin E and A, literally the two vitamins she absolutely doesn't need. I tell one of the doctors there to go get an orange and some milk so she gets some Vitamin C and D. They come back with what I asked for and I throw away the deserts on her tray and replace it with the milk and orange. 30-45 minutes later, Xia wakes up, her dark brown lashes fluttering as she slowly comes to her senses. I quickly exit the room and get back to work.
  The clock finally strikes 8:00 and I'm just about to switch hallways to avoid Xia's room when I suddenly make the bold decision to slip into her room. I pretend like I dropped something and made sure everyone was gone when I slipped into her room. The lights are off, and to not attract attention, I choose to continue in the darkness. I lightly tap her awake. Her eyes instantly flutter open and widen in shock. I shush her.
  "Look, sweetheart, I'm not supposed to be here right now. I'll make this short and sweet. Xia, beautiful, they plan on transferring you to another hospital, and that hospital isn't a very good hospital, okay? You have 4 days. 4 days before they move you, okay? So, Xia, sweetheart, beautiful, whatever you're doing, if your faking it partially or something, please stop. I can't stand to see you go. Can you do that for me, please?" I ask. She nods.
  "I'll stop. I promise." Xia says. I hug her goodbye and quickly slip out of the room and hallway and head home.
  The next day, I overhear Tordi discussing how much better Xia has gotten. How she's able to walk for 10 minutes at a time. How she can now write and do more stuff with hands and arms. He also said that they might not transfer her to Tahusse. I smile. She really did stop. Around lunchtime, I hear a knock on my office door.
  "Come in." I say dully. Tordi peeks his head through the door.
  "Sorry if I've been acting like a jerk lately. It's just that I didn't want to see you demolished if something were to happen to her. So, with that, I'm reassigning her as your patient again." Tordi says. I smile.
  "Thanks." I say. He nods and closes the door. Mayna, who was hiding under my desk, smiles.
  "You're an idiot, do you know that?" I ask, smiling.
  "I don't care. You got her back!" Mayna exclaims, high-diving me.
  I head to Xia's room and open the door. Her eyes light up at the sight of my face. I smile.
  "We have an hour until the physical therapist comes, what game do you want to play?" I ask. Xia decides on a game and I pull it out for her and we start to play the game. Just as we end it, the physical therapist comes and is shocked that Xia is back and better than ever. When the physical therapist leaves, I practice writing and reading in French with Xia. Xia is a fast learner, so by the time we finish, she's already speaking fluently with the words she knows.
  Over the next three days, Xia's transfer is cancelled and Xia now knows half of the French language and a third of English. I managed to get her tested for her ECL (Eye color level) again and she came out completely Emilen with an ECL of 4.725 and the Emilen level is 6 (the lower it is, the more Emilen you are). I didn't test her for powers because I assumed she didn't have and maybe the card one was just a lie or maybe she thought she saw it, but she was still right. Xia started to improve so much that maybe she could get released next month. Tordi no longer nags me for playing games with her to keep her entertained and such and Mayna is happy with her own patient.
  Four days later, I'm informed that Xia's mother is willing to give her to me since I make Xia happy, and she won't take no for an answer.
  "All I told end was that "She's a very good doctor. Nice and caring, too." and she just said that you should take care of her daughter since she won't be able to now, considering she lost her arms and her legs are paralyzed." Nailee told me.
  "Can't she get prosthetic arms and such?" I ask.
  "She says it wouldn't be the same. She doesn't want her daughter feeling sorry for her, she wants her to be happy." Nailee responds.
  Finally, two weeks later, Xia is released from the hospital and I grant her mother's wish and adopt her, naming her partially after me, Annalene (ANNA•LEAN), and changing her name to Annalynn (ANNA•LIN)-Sage Saelianne (SAY•LEE•ANN) Jiahnes, though her original name still appears on her transcript from Seoul, but they still call her by the name I gave her. When we'd be moving around, I gave her the name Sage-Italy Isabel Angel.
  "......and it makes no sense, but perfect sense at the same time!" Ali says, confused and pacing back and forth. I've made it all this way. I proved doctors wrong. I've fooled everyone here into thinking I'm human. So why am I here in London, England, sitting down in a chair in the home of the strongest fighter in the northern U.K. and listen to his rant about how Milamorra Jiahnes must be Yavara's mother? I don't disagree with that theory, nor do I agree with it. I'm just here so he can feel like someone's listening.
"So what do you think?" Ali asks. I smile.
"I'm curious. Why would Milamorra Jiahnes move to London and fly back and forth for meetings?" I ask, already knowing the reason why.
"Because, when I was little, I overheard a conversation in which Mila had had a child. She had either two choices. The first one was move to Italy, London, somewhere, and raise her child with her husband and fly back and forth. The second one was stay in France, let the people know she has a child and a husband, but have paparazzi follow them everywhere, not giving the child and any future children a childhood in which they're not being watched constantly." Ali replies.
"How are you so sure this isn't a dream?" I ask again.
"I.....I feel like it isn't. Is it?" Ali questions. I shrug.
"Ali, honestly, I feel you should calm down with the theories and such. You remind me of someone I know. She was always jumping to conclusions. She assumed that my two friends were Humaveran and that they were dating. She also assumed one of my friends' mother was evil, a witch, and that the mother was also Humaveran. After that, she goes on trying to dig up info on that same friend's father. Now, both of my friends can't even trust her anymore, so they have to lie about liking each other to see if she's a real snitch. It's sad. Don't be like her, would you?" I inquire. He shakes his head no.
"Great. Then drop this theory. It sucks anyways." I state. Then, Dillan (Dylan), Ali's 16-year-old brother walks back into the room.
"Huh? What theory?" Dillan inquires.
"Nothing. Well, I have to go, my mom is calling me for lunch. Tell Ayra I have to go, will you? Thanks! Bye!" I say, picking up my books, waving goodbye, and closing the door. That was the biggest lie I've ever told. My mom is somewhere in the 9th district at a meeting. Neozori (KNEE•O•ZOR•E), or Yaeman, is the 7th district. I have no idea why they call it Yaeman, though. My dinner is usually the school dinner. Well, that is, when Apermae Academy decides to serve good food. When they don't, I either order myself some pizza, get subway, or get McDonald's. I smile. At least I got away from him. If I didn't, well....things would've gotten awkward with Dillan there. He'd of gotten curious, and the what am I gonna do? Just sit there as his questions make me explode? No thank you. I hurry to Apermae Academy and head straight to the girls' dorms. I enter building D and head up 4 floors to the hallway my room is near. I keep walking until I see room 422, and then I open the door. The lights are on, and so is the TV. I look down the hallway in our room to see the bathroom light on and hear the shower running. I drop the things I have on the couch and pull out the rice cooker and two pots. One would be for the shrimp and another for the crab legs. Then, I start to make lunch. About an hour and a half passes when my roommate walks out of her room, her brown hair, which complements her pale, freckled skin, covers her leaf green eyes. I hear a show I like come on and I look up. She locks eyes with me and gets a good look at my face for the first time.
****Her roommate
H-Her face. She looks so much like her. The same face shape. The same cat-like eyes. Same small ears. The only difference is that she, my roommate, has dark, silky, black hair and light brown eyes with a sort of fair-olive skin while the other has dark, silky, red hair and hazel eyes and light, caramel skin, and, of course, my roommate is shorter. My roommate even has the same innocent, at peace look the other had in the hallway or around her sister. My heart skips a beat. My roommate also appears to be around 12 years old and in 7th or 8th grade.
****"Her"
"You. You look so much like her." my roommate says. I smile.
"I don't know why. I get that a lot. Now, don't be rude. Come here and have some lunch with me, would you, Verlynn Arlene Tohaz?" I ask with a smile. Verlynn's eyes widen. Naive. So, so naive. If only she knew who I was, how I'm here, and how deep this story gets.