72

Matty's POV

I barge into my dad's office and slam the door behind me, locking it so no one else could come in.

"Mathew, what the hell are you doing here right now?" He asks, embarrassed in front of the man I assumed was Shawn Acree.

"I need you to leave. Right now." I say to the man sitting next to him.

"Excuse me?" The man laughs, looking over at my dad thinking that this might just be a joke. Fuck, I hope it's just a fucking joke. Even though this guy is a potential investor for our company, I don't give a shit about any of that. I just want the goddamn truth right now.

"I said I need you to leave. Right the fuck now." I yelled, putting my fingertips to my temples. The folder stays rolled up in my back pocket, and my dad has no idea. But he's about to.

"Mathew Daniel Fain, I don't know what the hell has gotten into you, but you can not just barge into my office without notice and then try and make my clients leave. Get the hell out, right now." He yells at me.

"Fine, he can stay. What the fuck is this?" I ask, throwing the folder onto his desk. I am a little startled by how calm I was asking this. I am just...shocked. I'm fucking shocked right now.

He grabs the folder angrily and opens it with a huff. When he sees what it is, his face falls and he quickly sets it down. It's true. This is fucking true. Everything that I saw was fucking true. All of those girls that had messaged him on that website were just trying to get paid. My own fucking girlfriend is being paid to date me. This is fake. All of this is fucking fake.

"Uhh, Shawn, I'm so sorry about all of this. Can you give my son and I a moment alone, please?" He asks. Shawn looks incredibly uncomfortable sitting here and seems eager to leave when asked to. He nods and gets up from his seat, giving me a very nervous look.

"Mathew...where did you get this?" My dad asks me slowly and very carefully.

"Who the fuck cares where I got it? What the fuck is it?" I ask, raising my voice. So much for my calm exterior.

"Why the hell were you going through all of my stuff? I asked you to get one file, not go through the whole damn cabinet." He yells, slamming his fist down onto his desk. I glare up at him, and I really wish that looks could kill in this moment. I want to kill my dad right now. He is the lowest piece of shit there is. Him having the audacity to even try and get upset with me is just mind blowing.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS IT?" I yell. I'm sure that everyone outside can hear me, but I don't care. I don't care about anything right now.

"Mathew, let me explain. It isn't what it looks like." He tries to explain.

"It isn't what it looks like? Then, please. Do explain. Because from the looks of it, you posted an ad on some fucking paid escorting website and tried paying people to date me. Oh, actually, by the looks of the paystubs, you did pay someone. You have been paying Candace to fucking date me this entire time. Oh, and not just paying her weekly or monthly. No, you're doing all of that and still paying for her school, too." I spit, pointing a finger in his face. His eyes are wide, and he is surprised by my actions. He has never seen me this mad in my entire life. Not even those days that my dad would hit me and I would hit him back. I have never been this mad in my entire life. I didn't give a fuck in this moment. Anger has taken over my entire body. I am absolutely devastated.

"You were just so broken hearted after Haley left you...after she cheated on you. You were letting work slip away, and you didn't want to do anything. I didn't want you to do anything you would regret. Work was too important for you to be slacking off. I just-"