six

jeongguk took jimin to a tattoo parlor in town.

JIMIN
"motorbikes, tattoos and girls. how much more of a fuckboy can you be?"

JEONGGUK
"are you judging your man?"

JIMIN
"how are you my man? i never said yes."

JEONGGUK
"you're a complicated one. did i ever tell you that i like that about you?"

jeongguk was grinning as he sat right next to jimin on a couch, waiting for the best tattoo artist in the place who also happens to be his friend.

JIMIN
"remind me why we're here again?"

JEONGGUK
"first of one of the places i like to go to when i'm alone."

JIMIN
"but you only have like six tattoos so far."

JEONGGUK
"just shows you how rarely i am alone."

???
"jeon jeongguk! who would've thought i'd see you here with someone? who's the cutie?"

the artist friend apparently was a girl.

JEONGGUK
"taeyeon, this is jimin, my boyfriend. jimin, taeyeon has been my friend since high school."

jimin was intimidated by the gorgeous and long blonde who had dashing sky blue eyes. he disliked that smile that made her look even a hundred times prettier than she is without it.

TAEYEON
"nice to meet you."

when she offered her hand for jimin to shake, the latter couldn't help but grip tightly on it, making taeyeon utter a yelp and struggle to pull her hand away immediately.

JEONGGUK
"are you okay?!"

TAEYEON
"i'm fine."

jeongguk gave jimin a confused look.

TAEYEON
"i'll assume that was due to your fear of the needle, jimin."

JIMIN
"oh, sorry. and no, i'm not afraid of the needle."

TAEYEON
"alright. well...i'll see you two in a minute. feel free to tell key what you'd like to get as a tattoo."

JEONGGUK
"sorry about that."

taeyeon merely walked away and as soon as she did, jeongguk turned to jimin.

JEONGGUK
"what happened?"

JIMIN
"i don't know. it's just...i didn't wanna see one of your girls on our first date, okay?"

JEONGGUK
"wait...what? okay, first of all, if i'm getting this straight, you think taeyeon and i have slept together?"

JIMIN
"uh...yeah? haven't you?"

JEONGGUK
"oh my god, jimin! just because she's a girl and i'm a boy and i never bring a date here when i see her, doesn't mean we sleep together. she's just an old friend of mine. we aren't even close. all she knows about me are the things i'm into like sex, alcohol, drugs, speed and body art."

JIMIN
"so you and her never...?"

JEONGGUK
"no, jimin. if it'll help you feel better, she prefers girls. she also sees me as a little brother. second of all, i wouldn't make you meet any of the girls i slept with. granted, we might see a couple of them here and there when we go out sometimes, but it wouldn't be because i willed it to. it would all be just pure coincidence. i wouldn't deliberately humiliate you like that."

JIMIN
"oh..."

jeongguk shook his head and chuckled a little.

JEONGGUK
"you're way too jealous for someone who isn't even my man yet."

JIMIN
"shut up."

JEONGGUK
"and last but not the least, are you sure you're not afraid of needles?"

JIMIN
"i'm really not."

JEONGGUK
"really?"

JIMIN
"do you want me to get a tattoo or nah?"

JEONGGUK
"understandable."

❈❈❈

after getting their tattoos, the two of them drove to a sundae shop in the far end of town.

JEONGGUK
"are you glad taeyeon didn't kill you with the machine?"

JIMIN
"i'm glad she even understood what point i was making."

jeongguk burst into laughter.

JEONGGUK
"she said it was a huge red flag to be jealous on the first date. she warned me about you. it was hilarious."

JIMIN
"if we're gonna talk about red flags, we're gonna sit here all day and my throat would be dry as fuck at the end of it."

JEONGGUK
"i'll make it wet."

JIMIN
"immediate change of topic: why did you get a white russian cocktail on your right forearm?"

JEONGGUK
"because i can."

JIMIN
"looks like a root beer though."

JEONGGUK
"you really hate taeyeon, don't you?"

JIMIN
"what?! no!"

jeongguk couldn't stop laughing. teasing jimin has definitely been added to his favorite hobbies.

JIMIN
"i actually really like this little pegasus on my left wrist."

jeongguk reached over the table to gently take jimin's hand in his and admire taeyeon's work.

JEONGGUK
"it is pretty. why'd you make it purple though?"

JIMIN
"because i can."

JEONGGUK
"touché but why a pegasus in the first place?"

JIMIN
"the real question is why are we at a kiddy and all-pink-i-could-burn-my-eyes-with-bleach sundae shop after getting tattooed?"

jimin didn't want to say the truth. but the pegasus was supposed to symbolize freedom. and it had to do with jeongguk because jimin really wanted jeongguk to be free of his bad habits. he wanted jeongguk to get what his heart has always desired and quit sabotaging his own happiness.

he wanted to be jeongguk's wings to freedom.

JEONGGUK
"i used to come here all the time with my mom every after school on fridays."

JIMIN
"oh."

JEONGGUK
"i know i look weird coming here so honestly, i never sit down inside. i just take what i order and leave to eat it at the park a few blocks away from here."

JIMIN
"oh."

JEONGGUK
"mhmm."

JIMIN
"where are we going after this?"