Sunshine

*This song made me cry*

8/12/83

Your POV

Sadness. That's the one emotion that I am feeling. Yesterday my best friend passed away. Alexander Jay Wheeler, my grandpa ( idk if that's his name or not lol). I've been crying non-stop since yesterday. We were rushed to the hospital because my grandpa had a heart attack. Once my dad, mom, Mike, Nancy, Holly, and I got into the hospital I broke down crying. Mike and Nancy were trying to comfort me, but it obviously didn't work. The whole way there I was crying me eyes out.

My grandpa was my best friend it the whole world. I told him secrets that no one else knew. I told him my feelings. I told him everything. I trusted him. We had so many memories together. He was there when Mike and I were born. Not even my dad was there! He was like a dad to me. So losing him was like losing my dad. We even had our special song. I would do anything to let him sing that song to me one more time. Once we got there it was too late...... he was dying.

Y: GRANDPA! PLEASE DON'T GO!

G(grandpa): Y/n my dear.

Y: Yes grandpa?

G: 🎵You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy, when skies are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please d-don't t-take m-m-my s-sunshine a-a-away....🎵

He peacefully shut his eyes and went into his slumber.

Y: Grandpa...GRANDPA! GRANDPA!?

All of my family started crying. All of us were so close to grandpa, but Mike and I were the closest with him. Both of us started to cry rivers. NOT EVEN RIVERS, WE CRYED OCEANS!

Once we headed home, I rushed to my room and cried even harder than I already did. Eventually I fell asleep. The next morning I did not want to wake up, I was too depressed. Then I remembered something grandpa told me when I was about seven years old.

*FLASHBACK*

G: Y/n?

Y: Yes grandpa?

G: When I die, I want you to go on with your life ,and not mourn my death forever. Do you understand sunshine?

Y: Yes grandpa.

*FLASHBACK OVER*

I couldn't help it though. How am I not supposed to cry when my best friend died right before my eyes yesterday! Eventually I got up and took a shower. I put on these pajamas.

My mom told me that the Byers family was coming over to help us plan his funeral

My mom told me that the Byers family was coming over to help us plan his funeral. I went back into my room and changed AGAIN. You may be wondering" Y/n, why are you changing AGAIN!". Well, I don't want to look like a hot mess when guests are in the house. ESPECIALLY Will's family. I am wearing this.