3.

3. The Beta's Dancing Skills

"So this is the beautiful future Luna we were told about. She is quite ravishing in that beautiful blue dress." Alpha Dallas complimented me. I just smiled and blushed at the compliment.

I didn't want to wear this stupid yet gorgeous dress. I wanted to be in a long shirt and in the bed and texting cute boys that name did or did not start with the letter A.

I sighed and looked at the delicious food that was made while licking my lips. Deciding to use my Luna status, I smirked. "Ahem, Beta Axel." I called Axel. He was flirting with some blonde chick but stopped once I called him. His eyes connected with mine from across the room.

His eyes widen a bit, then he looked away. I blushed and frowned. Why? I thought, cursing. "Axel, can you please get your future Luna something to eat?"

He sighed, "Arielle -" Axel looked behind me and sighed. "I mean, Luna Arielle I would be delighted to." He excused himself and went to get me some food.

Once he was at the food table I turned around to see who forced Axel. Locking eyes with the Alpha whose lips curved into a simple smirk caused me to feel weird. Not that good weird like Axel, but like that creepy weird.

I walked toward an empty table and sat, scrolling down my Twitter newsfeed. I laughed and related to the post. The post were so true I looked around to make sure no one was monitoring my life with cameras.

A large plate of food was placed in front of me and I grinned at Axel. "Thank you, Axel." I rarely see Axel blush and it was cute seeing this sight. I smiled and he smiled back. His amazing smile made me quiver and feel girly inside. His loving dark eyes made my heartbeat quicken. His cute lips were moving but I was too focused on his beauty to care what those lips spoke.

"-Arielle lets dance." I froze, was Axel seriously asking me to dance? I hope he meant ballroom dancing because my twerking skills are whack. I was better than Miley but I still could use work. Shaking my butt was for the bathroom shower only besides that nope.

"Dance? Why? What type of dance?" I blurted, I quickly slapped my hand over my mouth and my neck turned red. Axel's deep laughter woke the more feminine parts of my body and I was full of happiness and glee.

"Sure, lets twerk like Miley." He joked. "I'm kidding, but c'mon lets dance because it'll be fun and maybe a slow dance, y'know since someone who shall go unnamed Twerking skills are lame, and can't control their butt." I laughed at that. Axel joined in a few minutes later.

"Sure, we can twerk the night away." I agreed. He chuckled. The last time I danced with Axel we were in eighth grade. We were forced to go with each other by our parents and enjoyed ourself for the whole night. We ate pizza, danced, and Axel even kissed me.

On the cheek, I was truly disappointed. But the kiss on the cheek was the best kiss I ever got, not to mention the only kiss I ever got.

Axel's arm was tightly wrapped around my waist and my arms was around his neck as I pulled him closer to my body. My body craved his closeness. I dug my nails into his dark hair pulling his face into my neck. The slow beautiful lyrics flowed and made my heart swell with happiness and love.

Axel inhaled my scent and I felt his lips curve in my neck. "Arielle. I only realized it moments before but -"

Axel was snatched from my arms and on the floor before he could finish his statement.

"Beta, you almost forgot your place. She is my mate and it seems you need to remember your place and if I have to show you until you remember. I will." Dolton told Axel harshly. "I told you, whatever your feelings are for her, to forgot them or it'll cost you, your life. You may be my best friend, but that'll all change with a snap of the neck." Dolton snarled and released a manly growl.

"I'll deal with you later, Beta. But for now I'll dance with my mate." Dolton grabbed my arm tightly. So tight that it began to hurt. I watched as Axel got up, dusted his clothes off, and looked at me with his dark eyes.

He mouthed something out to me, that I couldn't make out at the moment. So I ignored it for a while. Not wanting to talk on it. Too bad as I danced with the Alpha that was all I thought about.

"Are you thinking about him?" I looked up to meet Dolton's eye. I sighed, rolled my eyes, and nodded. Thinking about him was an understatement. I was always thinking of him, just not like today.

My thoughts surrounded him more than usual. The words he mouthed to me, just what were they. "Stop thinking about Axel." He demanded. His eyes burning my skin. I felt like scratching all over my body be side of those eyes.

They watched my movement and made me feel weird. Axel was already gone home because Alpha told him that if he stayed here that Axel would die. Axel wasn't scared of the Alpha, I knew that for sure. Axel just didn't want me to witness a fight. Lady time or any time I witness a fight that involves Axel I simply jump in. Dangerous, I know.

I sighed, "Alright, I guess." I muttered feeling annoyed with him. He can't just tell me to not think about someone. I scoffed. Dolton looked down at me and sighed.

"I simply care for Axel like my brother, though I didn't tell him of my future plans for you, I expected him to respect my decision and not to let his feelings get in the way." He said, placing his head in my neck. As his did that I thought about Axel again.

I sighed, thinking about his lips. His lips moving as if he was saying 'I love you.' I gasped.

No, that's wrong. I laughed silently. That's not right. I thought as tears formed in my eyes.

No just no.

~

Follow Arielle on Twitter @laniyahsmith14