Chapter 2

{Edited}

The long grass tingles my legs softly. The wind carries the smell of lavender and pine into my nose. The peaceful sound of the trees rustling calms my stressful mind. My whole body numb, I don't feel anything. I close my eyes listening to the soft sound of the wind. I wish my life could be like this, peaceful. A small hand wraps around mine. I look down in curiosity to see a child version of me holding my hand with a childish smile.

'I haven't smiled since my parents beat me why am I smiling then?'

Tears slip down my cheeks a little anger blossoms in my stomach as we keep our eyes locked together.

"Why are you smiling? Do you even know what happens when you grow up?" I ask the little boy holding my hand.

"It's going to get better. You have a mate and he will protect you even if it means risking his life. That's normal. Put down you guard and trust him." More tears fall at my own words. I bend down to my little self and ruffle his messy brown curls. I can't believe I changed so much from a kid to now.

"Thank you" I hug him, and he starts to giggle and soon I'm giggling along with him. I haven't smiled or felt this good in so long I'm thankful I can still smile even after so long.

"Your mate is waiting for you so wake up before he runs loose" The child version of me begins to fade and darkness over. The beautiful place disappearing along with the voice, smell and everything else. A tingling sensation on my hand brings me into the world.

I wake up my eyes lay upon Dawson asleep on the side of my bed. I lift myself up groaning from the pain in my arm and leg. My eyes catch bandages wrapped around my leg nicely. Why do I feel pain? When did I start? Was it because I met my mate? I recall the memories from last night. There was a man chasing after me trying to kill me. I ran away and got shot in my leg and the second bullet skimmed my arm. I ran into the forest and tripped, falling in the process. Before that though I shifted for the first time. It was so painful. 

I didn't realise Dawson looking at me until I felt sick and the bile begin to rise.

"I feel sick."

Dawson runs to the bathroom and collects a bucket giving it to me just a I puke up the only remainders in my stomach. I feel so gross.

"Thanks, but since I don't like being indebted to people I'm going to leave" This was me being a stubborn idiot that I am but I can't stay here. I pull the IV out of my arm and get off the bed this time I don't feel any pain meaning somehow the IV was the cause of it in the first place.

"You're not going anywhere." His voice shifted into his Alpha tone but again I'm different like I mentioned a million times, so the affects are baseless.

"Sorry but I don't follow rules" I retort honestly before leaving the room and anyway if I don't clean the mess at home soon my parent's might end up killing me. Let's just hope no one's at home. My walk home was uneventful and somehow I didn't get lost on the way. No cars were parked in the drive way so a little sigh of relief left my lips.

I open the door only to have a hand wrap itself around my throat. My father holds my neck tighter causing me to wheeze for any source of air.

"OI FAGGOT WHERE THE FUCK WERE YA AND WHY THE FUCK IS MY HOUSE A FUCKING MESS!" My father shouts at me but I couldn't concentrate. Things were becoming blurry and I couldn't see anything. He throws me to the ground, hitting my head on the stair railings in the process. I can't feel anything, but I can tell I'm bleeding from the blood dripping down onto the floor tainting it. After gasping for air I'm finally able to see and breath again.

"ANSWER YOU FUCKING USELESS WHORE!" He grabs at a bat leaning on the wall. Every hit 1 painful word is screamed in my ear.

Hit 1 "FAGGOT"