Part 1

TW: This story does involve some mentions of self-harm. I will mark the chapters and the sections in the chapters that mention or have it in there. Please try not to worry, there isn't much. Once Edd moves, it stops. I can't hurt my favorite little nerd too much!)

Eddward "Double D" Vincent woke up that morning bright eyed, bushy tailed and ecstatic to begin his first day of high school. Needless to say, he was out of bed, dressed, had breakfast and was out the door in record time, running over to his best friend's house. If he was honest with himself, he would admit that things have been strained between the three lately. They were growing up and growing apart and while he did not like to see that happen, he knew that childhood friendships sometimes didn't last forever, no matter what ridiculous promises you made.

Pushing all thoughts aside, he made a promise to himself to try to get their friendship back on the right path this year. "Eddy! Wake up, it's the first day of high school!" he calls out, knocking loudly.

The door opens to reveal a as usual crabby Eddy. Eddy just grunted in greeting "Why are you always so excited, Sock head? It's just school."

"Oh, come now, Eddy! Try to be excited!" Edd smiles brightly as they walk to get their lovable oaf, Ed. "Just think of all the new possibilities that await us!"

"Yay, four more years of living in the shadow of Kevin the douche bag. How fun..." Eddy complained rubbing the bruise on his arm.

"Well if you would stop antagonizing him, he wouldn't hit you" Edd explains right before Ed busts out of his house and tackles them both in a bone crushing hug. "Double D! Eddy! My two bestest pals!"

"Get off me, Ed! You're too strong for this shit!" Eddy snaps, pushing out of the hug. Ed whimpers like a puppy, making Edd glare at Eddy and tap his foot. "What?! Nothin' good ever comes out of a Monday morning with school!"

"That is no reason to take it out on poor Ed, Eddy" Edd says crossing his arms still holding his glare. "Now apologize."

"I'm sorry Ed hugs like a vice!"

Double D sighs "It's alright Ed, Eddy just hates the world. Come on, lets go before we are late!" he calls back, dragging Ed after him leaving Eddy behind.

"Double D! Do you think they will have gravy for lunch today?!" Ed asks happily.

"No, Ed but I took the liberty of making you lunch as a 'happy first day of school' present" Double D smiles, holding up a lunch sack with Ed's name on it.

"Oh boy! I hope..." Ed looks inside and squeals happily "BUTTERED TOAST!" Kevin was just coming out of his house and walking to his bicycle when he heard Ed cry out. He just scoffs and shakes his head "Dorks..."

"Oh, come on Kev, get over it" Nazz giggles.

"Maybe we'll get lucky and Eddy will just leave us alone this year, huh?" he asks hypothetically. He doubts that Eddy finally learned his lesson.

"I dunno, maybe? Let's just get to school" Nazz tries to persuade him, hopping onto the back of her best friend's bike. Kevin sighs and groans before kicking off and riding down the sidewalk. Cutting down one of the back alleys, he scoffs as he sees the dorks walking. 'Damn...' he thought before speeding up and zoomed past them.

Nazz yelps and grips the seat having almost fallen off "Damn it, Kevin! Warn a girl!" she hisses.

"Salutations Kevin and Nazz!" Edd calls out pleasantly, ignoring the bad look that Eddy gave him. Kevin just rode right past them, tossing a wave over his shoulder. Nazz called a greeting over her shoulder but held onto Kevin's waist.