Part 4

A/N: Trigger Warning... some unintended/intended self-harm but it's just on instance and then it's all better again.

&&&&&&&&&&

Edd's heart was beating a million miles an hour or so it seemed. He rushed in and calls Marie, not knowing what else to do and only really having her there for support. He had a hard time making his shaking hands work the different menus but eventually located Marie's name and hit the call button.

"You are so lucky that I am not still with Nazz..." Marie's voice seemed to soothe over him and calm him just a fraction.

"Marie, tell me I'm an idiot and I'm imagining things" he says slowly.

"Why? What happened?"

"Well, on the way home Kevin kept brushing his hand and arm against mine and just before he went home he tilted my head up like... oh god, I don't know like..." he bites his lip too afraid to say it out loud.

"Whoa! Waitwaitwaitwaitwait! You mean to tell me Mr. All-American Boy almost kissed you?!"

"I-I don't know Marie!!!!" Edd exclaims confused. "He wants to walk to school tomorrow and he asked me to come cheer for him at the football game tomorrow night."

"You hate football, you loathe physical sports..." Marie smirks "Unless Big Red is playing and he's gonna get all hot and sweaty."

Edd groans "Y-yes, he will be playing but I should go and support my friend, should I not?"

"Ahh, thus your ulterior motive is revealed. Well if the football team is playing, that means the cheerleaders will be cheering. I love showing my school pride."

"Oh please, you'll do anything to see Nazz shake her back end" Edd giggles, feeling better now that Marie was going and he wouldn't be alone.

Marie feigns hurt "You're rude! I'll have you know I am also looking at her breasts that bounce so nicely, thank you!"

"Oh good, I wanted nightmares tonight" he teases. Nazz was one of the prettiest, if not the prettiest, girl in their school. Edd would be lying if he said that he didn't ever fantasize about Nazz when he was younger and not so sure of his own sexuality but those times were long past and replaced with images of a certain redhead. Like when he would mow the lawn or go for a run on a hot summer's day...

"Yeah, you want me. I know you do but sorry sweetheart! You missed your chance, I prefer innies more than outties" Marie's voice cut through his reverie.

Edd groans "Goodnight Marie, I am hanging up now. You are so inappropriate..." he says before hanging up and getting ready for bed. The next morning, he is up and rushing out the door to meet the ginger, his heart was beating quickly in his chest and he was sure he was starting to sweat a bit.

Kevin was leaning against the light pole at the end of the cul-de-sac, texting Nazz about what almost happened the night before. 'What am I supposed to do? He won't believe me even if I do tell him!' Kevin angrily texted his friend.

'Then show him stupid!' Nazz messages back giggling with Marie.

Edd walks up and smiles brightly "Salutations Kevin!"

Kevin shoves his phone in his pocket before grinning at the raven. He liked this new and brighter Edd. "Why are you always so chipper in the morning?"

This stops Edd in his tracks as he thinks about it. "Well, I suppose I'm excited that I get to walk to school with a friend and at the prospect of learning new things" he says thoughtfully before he begins walking again.