Chapter 8

Hearing the pants of another person, your eyes jolted open. You felt your body folding over someone else's shoulder. Your worn out arms hung down, grazing the back of the suspects legs from time to time. Your eyes were half-lidded as your consciousness slowly started to slip away again. A hand tightly gripped the back of your thigh, another one burying itself in your waist, keeping you from sliding down their back as they sprinted through the forest. The floor crunched with the pine-needles and autumn leaves dressing the dark, muddy floors of the outside. Each step the stranger took was another resonating sound of leaves being crushed and kicked away by the persons' toes.  The wind was no more as the sky became clear, small stars blinking through the thin layer of cloud that was present, their twinkling silver bodies winking at you. The fresh smells of tree bark, leaves, pine wood, hints of roses and lavender, and river water gave you a weird feeling; the feeling rushed throughout the entirety of your body. Shivering slightly, you felt a sudden urge to escape, to live. The scenery and living scents gave you the sense of life, that there was still a chance of your freedom - it gave you courage and hope. You felt the thin fabric still tied around your small figure. This made you feel safer to escape.

Kicking your legs, twisting your body in awkward and uncomfortable ways whilst pushing your fingers deep into the back of their knees, you threw off their balance and their grip became more loose. You manoeuvred and swivelled around, managing to push their hands off. You roll down the suspects' back, to the floor. You shoot up to your feet, a sharp-edged stick in hand. You point it at the masked stranger. They were much taller than you, by at least a foot and an inch or something crazy like that. He wore all black, a hoodie, jeans and some converses. He had his hood up and he had a blue mask plastered to his face, the eyes dripping with black gooey stuff; most probably paint or tar. They seemed to let out a chuckle as they stared at something behind you. "Just a tad bit late Joker, i was just about to have supper." The deep voiced stranger laughed. A growl sounded from behind you, making you turn around. The boy was unusual looking, but was, weirdly, sexy. You threw those thoughts into the trash.

"Hang on a second," you turn around with a =.= look painted on your pre-mature face, "what did you mean by 'supper'?" You air quoted with your fingers.

"You, duh." He, obviously, rolled his eyes under his mask.

"I object." You out your hand up as an objection, as if you were in a court room.

"Sugar, you don't get to choose." The masked dude was surprisingly amused by your reaction.

"Ahem, OBJECTION!" You wave your hand, as if trying to gain the attention of the judge.

"That's not how it works..."

"I can still argue my case, or at least negotiate." You reply, half jokingly.

"Oh my lord, can you just kill her already." The pale faced joker stood behind you facepalmed with a sigh.

"OBJECTION!" You screeched.

"Hey, girlie, you could try and sue us for murder, but you'd be dead before you could get there." The masked boy replied, seemingly enjoying the conversation.

"Actually, it would be manslaughter, because it is an unplanned killing. If it was planned i'd have my head hanging off my shoulder blades right about now." You rolled your eyes, poking the man in the forehead with the stick.

The two boys just stared at you, kinda shocked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~......~...~~~~

Oml finally, i'm so sorry guys! You can do anything to punish me....except kill me! Anything but that! Oof...