11) Too much

"You are so good. So good, you're always feeling so much. And sometimes it feels like you're gonna bust wide open from all the feeling, doesn't it? People like you are the best in the world, but you sure do suffer for it." (Silas House)

"I have no idea how I can help you improve your English, you're almost like a native speaker," you announced, pretending to be awed.

On the inside, you were freaking out. A lot. The reason was simple; there was something incredibly fishy about your new student and it made your hair stand on the end.

The lesson had been nice – once Inna let go of the insecurity about her accent, she spoke fluently and she made a great conversational partner. You had pulled out one of the difficult worksheets you were using for students you believed to be on a very advanced level and she had no problem with it. Which was the biggest clue, really.

Because this woman didn't need your help whatsoever.

Also, she was wearing a wig, which was suspicious on its own.

"Thanks!" she exclaimed, sounding excited at the praise. You would almost believe her she was being genuine. Almost. "I guess it's the accent I'm worried about? I mean, I thought that with talking to you, listening to a native speaker, it could get less obvious. I heard not everyone is welcoming to a girl with accent like mine."

You obediently made a face as you started picking up your stuff, slipping into a light coat. "Ouch. Okay. Well, thank you for the lesson. See you on next Tuesday, the same time?"

"Yeah. Same place?"

You nodded, smiling nervously at her, hoping it didn't show. "If you want to."

You might have set up a next meeting with her, but you would be damned if you showed up. You needed to pack your bags and disappear – right now. Maybe even without the bags. You tried to keep your cool when exiting the café, your new student right behind you.

"Where are you heading?" you asked politely, already coming up with a dozen of locations you could answer her with if she asked you the same. Your heart was beating its way out of your chest as you nuzzled your nose into your thick scarf.

Where would you go next? You couldn't stay in Prague. Should you head for Slovakia? You had heard countless times that the culture was pretty similar to the Czech one and you had kinda grown used to it. Or should you change the environment completely? Escape to Bulgaria? Maybe Italy? You could use some warm weather for a change... then again, Italians were all for hugs and affection and you couldn't really work with that...

"Oh, Karlín. You?"

Okay, so... you definitely needed a different direction and chances were she would be taking either the subway B line or the tram, which meant you needed to use A. Or maybe go to the other side of the square for C, but that might be too suspicious – God knew what Eva had told this woman about your whereabouts. You couldn't lie too obviously.

"I'm going to Želivského.... That's A line subway," you added when she seemed a bit confused. You walked with her for a bit, parting your ways at the stairs to the subway.

"Alright. Bye, Brigit!"

"Bye, Inna."

You gave her another quick smile before heading down, forcing your legs to walk on acceptable speed instead of running.

Head for the A line. Blend in with the crowd and let it slowly carry you to the transfer corridor to the B line. Take the escalator, stand straight, don't walk up. Exit via B line station. Hop on a tram. Two stations. Change the direction and ride one station back, continue several others as the track goes somewhere else. Get off the tram with a crowd. Get lost in an alleyway as the crowd is passing. Be pulled by a strong-