Chapter 5

"Well? Read it you doof!" Rosalie demanded

"'I have recently captured something in my nets that I've never seen before; a creature I didn't know existed. In this Journal you will find everything you need to know about The Fey. They are people- they have souls but do not bleed blood. Most properly these creatures are known as "Faeries", after their homeland, the realm of Faerie.

Do not sign any contracts or agree to any bargain with a Faerie. Faerieslove to haggle. And will usually do so only if they're sure they will win. Do not expect direct answers to direct questions. Do not expect indirect answers to indirect questions. Faerieswill always exactly follow the letterand promise they have made, but expect results delivered with great irony. The reason for this is because they can not tell lies.

The fey are born through natural phenomenon and disasters. There are five races in the fey species: Hurricane/Cyclone/Typhoon, Eclipse, Earthquake, Tsunami, and epidemics (such as the plague and Small Pox). Their distinct facial features can determine what race of fey they are if the runes are not visible.

The magic of the fey is, unique in the world.It is very powerful but cannot be learned or wielded by any creatures other than the fey themselves. This magic is the slippery and chaotic and is not given to structure and rules that can be learned. I have learned that with each race of Faerie comes with its own set of unique powers their magic does not control.

Earthquake Faeries: These faeries have a very ground like completion.  Brown skin with equally brown hair these faeries look to be covered in mud. Their eyes though look to be cracked in the cornias, like an earthquake. The color is split by fine black lines when you look close enough, like the grounds after an earthquake. Their race's magic that does not need to be controlled by dust (which is a gold glittery powder) is weather control. Although they do not know why it is weather, it just is.

Tsunami Faeries: These faeries are children of the sea, but take a human form. They appear like all the other faeries not a fish like many would believe. Their skin is a sandy color like the beach, and their eyes are a very deep ocean blue that has tiny flecks of lighter blue in them. Their hair appears to be a faded black with little to no shine in it at all. They breathe under the waters surface and communicate with sea life everywhere.

Epidemic Faeries: Many diseases (not including cancers) create a fairy with livid green eyes, much associated with the stereotypical green lanterns that signalled the plague. Very fair in skin and hair these faeries look like dead persons walking. Although much alive they do not have much color to their faces at all, just enough to make them appear somewhat alive. These fey are not to be angered for they have the power to take over someone's mind and body, like disease itself.

Eclipse Faeries: These faeries have a inner race division from the two types of eclipses. While they both have black coloring in their cornias that change to white (like a total eclipse when it is in it's peak stage) their hair differs from sunshine blonde for the solar and black for lunar. These faeries are only born when a rare eclipse happens like hybrid eclipses. Illusion magic they wield is very dangerous for the victim. They can paint a picture in someones head so strong they can go through a fake lifetime in only a few minutes.

Hurricane/Cyclone/Typhoon Faeries: These faeries are born in the eye of a storm, then named after the storm they were born in. These faeries are adorned with storm blown waves in their black hair. Their eyes appear to have a storm churning in them constantly when using their magic elemental control. Their skin is a shade paler than normal skin coloration.

They fey speak a language no one can learn but themselves. Their accents when speaking English sounds off but in their native language is the most glorious thing you have ever heard. The fey do not curse each other but since they can not kill humans they curse them instead. Do not tease a Faerie of their height. If you want to catch a Faerie do not let it spread their wings and get into the air. Once the are in the air you can not catch them.

There is only one way to kill a Faerie known to man-'"

"Well? What is it?" Rosalie asked angrily when Edward closed the book.

"That was it. The pages were ripped out." Edward shrugged. "Carlisle said he finds all these books. Someone, probably a Faerie, found it first and destroyed the pages."

"She's a hurricane faerie then?" Jasper asked. "The description matches." Nods of agreement were made from the others.

"So now what? They can't lie right? Let's go and confront her about it." Emmett suggested.

"Should we wait and tell Carlisle? He should come too." Edward slid the book back into the shelf.

"Oh don't bother. I heard all of it any way." Carlisle said from the door.

"We can follow her sent from the school." Alice stood up.

"Are we all going then?" Jasper asked looking around the room.

"Let's hope she's in a good mood. I don't see her decision making at all." Alice sighed.

"What are we going to do when we find her?" Emmett asked picking up an iron bat.

"We can't and will not kill her. We should talk to her first." Carlisle took the bat setting it down.

"So we just hope she answers us?" Emmett asked incredulously. They were running to town trying to pick up a familiar smell.

"Why not be friends with her? If she is not human?" Esme asked from behind Carlisle.

"Jasper wants to be more than friends, I'll tell you that much." Edward grumbled under his breath.

"I found her sent." Alice called from the parking lot.