Chapter 10

Italy was as beautiful as Charlotte remembered it was from a hundred years prior. The air was warm and the sun beat down on the pavement below. The streets were crowded with red cloaks for some kind of festival going on. Charlotte didn't bother landing until she was on top of the large building that housed the ancient vampires. Keeping her hood up she crawled through a small air duct getting spider webs in her face.

Charlotte stopped when the vent shaft ended and peered through the holes in the greats. Carefully loosening the bolts with some faerie dust, Charlotte took the vent cover off the wall. Peering into the room she saw a large marble room with three thrones in the middle of it. Raised on a small flight of low steps, they were elevated almost like they were demanding for attention in the beautifully carved room. There were vampires milling around the room chatting idly, most dressed in grey cloaks, a few in black cloaks. Then in the corner, there was a girl- a small girl- chained to a pillar.

Charlotte created a light breeze around the girl, letting it flow through her air and around her head. The girl raised her eyes to the sky looking for the savior she had called for. Black and white eyes met the storm ones, a silent conversation happening between them. The vampires in the room stopped everything they were doing, looking almost like statues carved from stone. Elaine nodded at Charlotte and beckoned her down from the shaft.

Charlotte took place in the middle of the room standing tall, which was sadly only five feet off the ground. The vampires resumed their activities as if nothing had happened at all. The first vampire to take notice of the hooded figure standing in the middle of the room was the one in the middle throne. Aro, Charlotte thought wearily. One of three Voltori princes.

"Who are you?" He asked surprised not seeing the figure enter, nor giving them permission to.

"I am the storm summoned from the sun in distress." Charlotte said passively.

"You are but a girl. Not human. Are you one of us?" Aro asked pleasantly.

"I am a storm. You could never be like me, therefore I will never be like you." Charlotte knew the Voltori were impatient and knowledge hungry. Being denied of knowledge was something they weren't use to. Vampires walked along the side of the room near the wall placing themselves in between the thrones and Charlotte.

"So you are no vampire?" Another prince asked, the blonde one- Caius.

"Are you illiterate or just deaf. Would you like me to repeat myself?" Charlotte smiled in a pleasant but unfriendly way.

"She is the same thing as the other one." Aro smiled pleased. "See I told you. When there's one, there's more."

"I am not a thing you lowly creature." Charlotte said in a leveled voice. The wind she created earlier swept through the room fiddling through everyone's cloaks. Eventually the wind made it's way to the chains that held Elaine to the pillar. Coming loose from the dust Elaine released, she stood gliding over to Charlotte still weak from no sun or moonlight.

"Lowly creature? We are top of the food chain! We rule the vampires, slaughter humans when we please." Caius hissed. Aro raised to his feet swaying down to the bottom of the stair case.

"You may be those things. But we are the superior species. You are nothing compared to what we do, nothing. We could wipe you out whenever we please, yet you can not harm us at all. How does it feel blood sucker, to be the weaker race?" Charlotte gloated in a menacing way.

"We are not weak. We are the strongest things on earth!" Caius roared in anger. A shout of approval rang through the room.

"Such a pity. That all it takes it a simple spark to end your lives." Charlotte examined her nails disinterested. Looking up at the end she flicked her hand to another small girl standing in the front row. The fireball hit her square in the chest, catching fire to her clothes. Screams of terror escaped the small blond vampire's lips. "Like I said. Weak." Charlotte spit.

"Jane no! That's my sister!" A vampire screamed kneeling down next to the pile of ash. A growl escaped his lips as he tried lunging towards Charlotte and Elaine. Charlotte flicked another fireball at the vampire, who screamed running back to the crowd.

"What do you want from us?" Elaine mimicked a high pitched scared voice. "Please, don't hurt us."

"Why are you doing this? Please. Just stop." Charlotte mimicked Elaine's mockery.

"We meant only a little bit of harm really." Elaine sneered in the same voice.

"Beg." Charlotte stated simply.

"What?" Aro looked like she had just punched his new born baby.

"Go on. Beg. Beg for your life." Elaine encouraged.

"Kneel before us, all three of you. The princes, kneel before us." Charlotte said lightly. "El, don't you think we should record this somehow. Show the rest of the people?"

"What a wonderful idea." Elaine smiled wondering why she hadn't thought of that.

"You've kidnapped one of our own. Tortured her. And now you are in the same shoes of your victims. The mortals you drink from, you feel their fear don't you? You feel the fear of being hunted. Tell us. How does it feel to know all of your worthless lives are in the hands of two girls?" Charlotte asked not bothering to hide the amused look on her face.

"I feel no fear." Aro kept his head held high.

"No? What about now?" The big vampire next to Aro caught fire, screaming for mercy. Trying to slap the fire from his own body, the big vampire wailed in agony.

"What is it you want from us? Just leave with the one you came for." Caius demanded.

"No. We want you and all the rest of our kind, and your kind to know who is superior. I will burn your entire guard if I have to." Charlotte's voice no longer held any sort of emotion. It was as cold as ice. "So kneel. All three of the princes. Kneel in submission."

The vampire on the left throne who had yet to say a word raised from his seat. He looked down at the girl who was playing with a fireball in her hand and the other one who had a silver mist between her hands. He looked at his brothers before falling to his knees, blowing his head to face the ground he submitted. Charlotte let a smile creep to her face. Aro and Caius watched in horror as their brother gave into the demands.

"It would be wise to follow your brother's lead." Charlotte said quietly. Cauis closed his eyes, lowering his head before too, lowering himself to his knees. Aro gave a wounded cry, his brothers were weak. They were weak and did not deserve their thrones. One by one some of the guard fell to their knees, just as two of the other princes had.

Aro in the end, was the last one standing horrified by what he saw. He looked around distraught seeing everyone on their knees submitting to these little girls. Closing his eyes, he let out a sigh of defeat. Lowering himself to his knees he let out a sob. Everything he worked for, taken by these things that called themselves girls.

"We are superior. Let it be known. From the Sun and Storm the princes have fallen." Charlotte's voice rose through out the room.