Chapter 12

"I think doing this on purpose." Charlotte accused Jasper who looked pleased with himself. She had been trying to make cupcakes but every time she turned around something would disappear from the counter. She didn't really need to eat the cupcakes but it was the flavor she liked.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Jasper denied with a bemused shrug.

"Jasper Hale you give me what you took or I will curse you with bloody nightmares every day at random times." Charlotte pressed her lips in a tight line staring at Jasper.

"Whitlock." He murmured placing a few items on the table grinning. "My actual last name is Whitlock."

"Mine is Waters. I chose it when I moved to a mortal town hundreds of years ago."

"What's your middle name?"

"That I did not choose. And I don't like it, I never say it. It's not something I have ever told anyone. I hate it more than anything. But I can not change it."

"I'll make you a deal. I'll never ask again if you tell me the first letter of it." Jasper tried. Charlotte looked at him, pursing her lips and thinking hard.

"E."

"I think that you're full of shit and it's great. But a deal is a deal. I won't ask anymore."

"You better not." Charlotte made a face at him lightening the hostile mood she had created.

"Were you really going to curse me?"

Charlotte didn't answer the question. A looming shadow cast along the floor from a door way. A small man leaned against the door with an amused expression. His midnight black hair blended in with the shadows and his eyes were streaked with white illuminated them.

"Danny!" Charlotte squealed dropping the wooden spoon in her hand. She bounded across the room throwing herself in the lunar faerie's arms. Jasper clenched his jaw not saying anything. "After 50 years you just barely visit me?"

"Well you aren't the easiest person to find." Danny rolled his eyes. "Who's you friend?" He said eyeing Jasper up and down.

"You're not his type. This is Jasper. Jaz this is Danny." Charlotte flounced back to the cake batter she was mixing before.

"Nice to meet you." Danny smiled sitting next to him. Jasper nodded back trying to control his anger.

"Danny how's Ethan? You're still together right?" Charlotte asked carefully. She didn't want to being up back topics but Danny instantly lit up.

"Oh he's doing great. Yes we are still together.We are staying on an island in Greece." Danny smiled happily. Jasper was confused for a moment looking at Charlotte for help.

"He's gay you dumbass. Ethan is his boyfriend." She rolled her eyes playfully. "And how's Aiden? Did he find his wings?"

"He has them now. He found the people who took them and cursed them pretty badly. I think he cursed them to have their prized possession stolen three times a year for the rest of their lives. Oh, and they feel like their skin is on fire when they are in the light and in the dark the feel like they are freezing. He's still figuring out how to reattach them." Danny's smile got even bigger.

"Try putting them to his back and applying dust to them. Like glue." Charlotte suggested putting the cupcakes in the oven.

"Why didn't we think of that!" Danny threw his hands up in frustration.

"Because you're men. You don't think literally, you make things as difficult as possible." Charlotte rolled her eyes.

"There's been talk. That the earth mother is rising again." Danny whispered like someone would hear. "I heard that the pixies are gathering together. Training for combat." Danny had unknowingly lapsed into Faelic something Charlotte didn't catch up slipped into it naturally.

"Should we be worried about this?" Charlotte asked sharply. "Should we be preparing for war?" She kept her voice low also.

"That's the thing. We haven't been told about any of this. The Council knows what's going on. Expecting something."

"But if she's coming again, we need to all be ready."

"The Council doesn't know though. They are still talking about it all. They said we'd all be notified."

"What are we suppose to do? Wait until something happens? What if by then it's too late?"

"But what if rushing in is exactly what she wants? What if we walk into a trap?"

"Then that's the question. Are you willing to risk your life for our homeland? For our family? We all have something to loose." Charlotte said aggravated.

"I have to get back. I needed to warn you that things might start changing very quickly. You need to be prepared." Danny rose up from the stool giving Charlotte a hug. He glanced at Jasper who was looking at him still.

"Vampire?" He asked Charlotte slipping back into English subconsciously.

"Yes. From the animal drinkers we learned about." Charlotte looked at Jasper proudly.

"They were right. They are beautiful." Danny nodded his head in an approving way. Then with out a word he turned to walk out the door.

"What's wrong?" Jasper asks Charlotte lightly.

"My people might be at war soon." Charlotte whispered.

"Are you fighting?" Jasper asked in a hard voice.

"Only if I am summoned. They summon warriors they think are right to fight." Charlotte said in a small voice. A scared voice. Jasper pulled her into a protective hug, hoping nothing is going to happen. Because he needs Charlotte to make himself be the person he wants to be. She is his everything and he can't loose her. To loose her would be to loose apart of himself. The better part of himself.