Arriving (Chapter 2)

Enjoy!
______________________________________

The Next Morning

[<Mikasa's POV>]

I was awoken by the alarming clock. I stretched out my arm to shut it off. I opened my eyes and slowly stood up. I let out a small yawn and stretched out my arms. I looked at Jean, who was sleeping beside me.

Then I turned to the clock, it was 7:01 a.m. I had enough time to take a quick shower and get ready. I pushed myself off the bed and into the bathroom.

The warm water hit my body. My skin felt refreshed and clean, ready for another day. When I was done, I dried my hair and put on some clothes. I later ate breakfast and almost walked out the door until, "Mikasa" I hear someone call my name. I followed the voice which lead to the bedroom.

"What is it, Jean?" I asked before entering the bedroom.

"Stay safe" he mumbled, still in bed with his eyes close. I walked over to him and gave him a quick kiss on his cheek, he smiled, loving the feeling of my warm lips. "I will, bye" I said.

"Love you!" he shouted, thinking I wouldn't hear. "Love you too. Bye!" I got the car keys, got a coat and walked out the door.

It was cold, and the cold breeze didn't help. The sun was blocked by the dark clouds that took over the blue sky. It was strange that this whole month was sunny and beautiful outside. Then all of a sudden, clouds came out of nowhere and covered the shining sun.

Luckily I had my red scarf, so it wasn't that cold for me. I walk over to my car, got in and started the engine. I took out the piece of paper, the one Petra gave me, that had the address to my, hopefully, new job.

I had the address copied in my mind, and began driving onto the road. Along the way, as I was thinking, the Mental Hospital can't that bad. I do love helping people. People who can't see the world the way we do. But at the same time, they can be dangerous.

After 20 minutes of driving, my thoughts went away as I noticed my surroundings. I was no longer passing through a nice neighborhood. I felt the road I was driving on, change. It was more bumpy. I made my car slow down to see closely where have I entered.

Now I know why Jean didn't want me to go Downtown in the first place. This place seemed like a murder/ghost town. It looked so creepy.

I couldn't even describe everything I'm seeing right now. Every house seemed like something horrible happened inside of them. Broken windows, walls almost collapsing, cracks on the sidewalks, the paint on the sidewalk seem to be fading away.

I want to get out of here so I made my car go faster. I tried not to worry much, this part of town can't be that bad. After driving for a couple of minutes, I finally made it to my destination. Turns out, the Mental Hospital was located in the middle of nowhere. But the city was still visible from far away.

I parked my car, got out, fixed my coat and hair and started walking to the building.

Then I stopped in front of the big building. It was huge, about 6 floors high. A cold breeze passed by as I stood there. I studied the building, it had cracks on the walls, broken windows, bars that were high enough so no one can escape, dead grass surrounded the building, graffiti, trash everywhere. Seemed like a prison, but more creepier.

At some point, it gave me chills.

I took a deep breath before walking to the building. Another cold breeze passed by, which made this place look even more scarier. But, I'm prepared if somebody wanted to harm me.

I was taught by my father. He showed me everything I needed to know to defend myself in the cruel place. Thanks to him, I have the strength of one-hundred men combined. The most strongest, skilled, fastest soldier ever to step foot into the Military.

My father would've been proud. I miss him telling me "That's my girl!" or "Daddy's little girl!" as he pats my head and messes with my hair, with a proud smile on his face. Along with mother, with a proud smile, saying, "My baby girl"

Long-Story short, I was a soldier in the Military for three years. That's where I met Jean, he too, was a solider for three years. We met in the Military and living a normal life together.

My mother, on the other hand, she showed me how to be nice to others. Be polite, and other things. I hold back the pain, I deeply miss them. If only I had the strength I have now to defend them, but I wasn't.

Back to reality, I didn't notice I was already in front of the doors. I guess I was too distracted by my past memories. I sighed and reached for the door and pulled it open and went inside.

To be continued.......
-----------------------------------------------------------
I apologize if there's any spelling errors or bad grammer :(

See you all in the next chapter!

1_HaveHope_1 is out :)