"A Story That Makes No Sense"

This was written as a free writing assignment where we could write whatever we wanted. It was written in Grade Nine (Last Year) I'll let it speak for itself.

A lot of things in my life don't make a lot of sense. Random things will happen that have nothing to do with the other. Perhaps I will be standing in my yard, letting the cool breeze blow my hair around my face, and then the next minute, I will find myself trying on shoes in the mall. In the blink of an eye! No one else seems to notice these things but me, so of course I keep all of this to myself. Anyway, these strange occurrences have been happening for as long as I can remember, but some days it will happen more frequently. Take yesterday, for example.

It all starts when I wake up, get dressed, and put a lampshade on my head. I'm on my way to the kitchen, when I accidentally blink and find myself outside on the sidewalk, where I wait for the bus. Teleportation caused by blinking is not controllable, and does not happen every time I blink. It just happens when it wants to happen. I see my fluffy, grey cat, Steve run across the yard and eat my shoe, which was in the bushes by our house. I worry about that cat, he has shoe addictions. I then look to my left and see my hamster, Phoenix, who I just let run around freely. He glares at me while angrily eating a leaf off the ground. Phoenix growls at me, baring his teeth, before leaping into a flower pot. That hamster has hated me since day one. That's why I just let him run around freely. I feel like it makes him happier. I sit down in a puddle and then begin to army crawl my way to the nearest convenience store. I stand up and burst through the doors.

"PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT- I LIKE CHEESECAKE! Thank you, that is all." I exclaim, before running out of the store.

The store's manager, Henry, chases me half way down the street, shaking his fist and shouting,

"YOu mEddLiNg kIdS!" in his gruff, old man voice.

I simply laugh and keep running, eventually climbing up a tree.

Wait. I think to myself. Meddling kids? Kids? But there's only one of me. I gasp. Does this mean HE can see Tom too?

Tom is what others call my "imaginary friend." He's actually real, but I've been told that no one else can see him. He has never once spoken to me, and I haven't spoken to him either. He is kind of just there, silently following me around like a shadow. Come to think of it, it's actually really creepy. Like that old furby from my childhood that is constantly stalking me, but we'll get to that later. Anyway, back to Tom. I introduced him to my therapist once, and she smiled and said hello to him. So obviously she could see him too. Proof that I'm not crazy.

I sit in the tree for a while longer, just breathing in the crisp, Fall air.

I hear a dog bark in the distance. "Mooooo!" It calls, trotting down the forest path.

"Oh boy. That sure is strange." The cloud above the tree I'm in says with a British accent.

I leap down from the tree that is 500 feet high, and land on my feet, somehow not getting hurt. Suddenly, that old Furby I mentioned coasts by the beach on a skateboard.

"Stop haunting me Joe!" I yell at the toy.

Shuddering, I began to walk away in the opposite direction.

I got that furby when I was only five years old. Sure, I loved it at the time. I named it Joe and took it almost everywhere with me. I would even throw tea parties with it. But when I was thirteen I had a sleepover for my birthday. Well, let's just say my best friend and I messed up while playing with the Ouija board, and now that creepy toy is stalking me. I also believe that's why I have all these random things happen to me all the time, since it didn't start happening until after this incident. We thought burning the Ouija board would help, and when that didn't work, we snuck into the neighbour's yard and buried the furby. We honestly thought that worked until a few months later when I saw it in the school yard. I'm the only one who sees this stuff too. My best friend, who was there when it happened, can't even see all the crazy things that happen now. The Furby doesn't constantly stalk me, but it will show up every once in awhile. At this point I don't even care. It's not like it's causing me any harm.