sissy

My mom is coming up here from Florida to see me this weekend and I can't wait to see her and my sissy. My mom knows about little space and that it's not a sexual thing.

I kinda took a step back and looked at myself as a whole and I think I know why little space is so important to me. I didn't have much of a childhood from age 4 or 5 to now. I had to grow up fast in order to be mentally prepared for the huge changes coming my way. Which means that for the last almost 11 or 12 years I have had to act older than I am.

My dad gets mad at me sometimes if I have a "child voice" as he calls it. It's really just me slipping into littlespace. He got so used to me being older, that when I finally felt safe and secure again, and started going back to my younger years, he got mad and snapped at me. He thinks that I was purposely being annoying, that I was trying to make him mad.

When my mom comes up, I'm hoping she'll understand. We do always get along better in person than we do over the phone, so I have high hopes for this visit. She's also going to try coming up here every six weeks, since there's apparently yet another piece of the divorce agreement that I didn't know before now, that allows her to do so.