Chapter 3

The next few days passed in no time. Kissing and hugging each other when others are around didn't feel weird or anything else for that matter. 

Donna is going to pick Harvey up from his class today and they'll go to the bar, where David usually hangs out with some of his friends.

„Hey hon." Harvey greets her and gives her a quick kiss on the lips.

„Hey.." Donna replies and hugs him.

Her day really hasn't been great and she feels the desperate urge to just hug him.

„What's wrong, babe?" he whispers in her ear.

„I had a shitty day, but I don't feel like talking right now. Just hug me, okay?" she replies quietly and takes in his scent.

He smells so good.

„Okay." Harvey agrees and starts rubbing her back.

She smells so good.

Do you still wanna go this evening?" Harvey asks when they part.

Donna nods.

„I can use the distraction." she adds and they start walking towards the exit.

A little later they arrive at the bar, but since David isn't here yet, they choose to wait. They talk about this and that, til David arrives. Then they start being a little extra romantic.

They kiss like always, but something feels different today.

At some point, David wants to talk to Donna, so Harvey leaves them a little space, but he is still close enough to hear everything they say.

He just can't help himself.

„Listen Donna, I just wanted to apologize for cancelling our date over and over again, but the truth is..I really like you and I would love it if you give me another chance." David says and takes her hands into his.

Why does this suddenly feel so wrong?

„David..I am with Harvey.." Donna argues.

„I know..and if you say that it's serious I am gonna respect that, but I just don't really buy this show." David replies.

„What are you talking about?" Donna asks, feeling a little bit uncomfortable.

Harvey sees it immediately.

„You know what I am talking about. Harvey and you..that's just a show." David clarifies his thoughts.

Donna is speechless. Her mind has been somewhere else the whole day and these mixed feelings she has been having the past few days kinda throw her off her game.

„Ah, I knew it. You have got nothing to say, huh?" David states proudly.

That's enough for Harvey.

Before Donna could act on it or at least say something, Harvey had already punched him in the face.

„Man, what's wrong with you?!" David screams and stands up.

„You can't just insult my girlfriend of something like that!" Harvey shouts in response.

„Your girlfriend, huh?" David answers provocative.

That's enough for Harvey and he punches him again.

„Harvey! Stop!" Donna screams, but they don't even hear her anymore.

They end up being banned from the bar, because their fight got out of hand. As soon as they are out of there, Donna hails a cab and they drive to their apartment. There, she starts to take care of his wounds.

„Harvey..you didn't have to do that." Donna whispers, caressing his cheek longer than necessary.

Even though she feels kinda honored that he fought for her.

„No, I did. He is an total ass! Why did you even fall for him in the first place?" Harvey replies, obviously still angry.

She honestly has no clue.

„Thank you." she whispers and looks him into the eyes.

„Always." he says quietly and smiles at her.

They get lost in each other's eyes, slowing leaning in. Just before their lips meet, the door opens and Mike and Rachel enter. They jump up in surprise and probably look like two ten year-olds, who just got caught stealing a bar of chocolate.

„Are you okay guys?" Rachel asks, checking out her friends.

„Harvey, what the f*ck happened to your face?!" Mike says, when he sees the scratches all over Harvey's face.

„I got into a fight." he replies, while Donna starts putting the band-aids back into the first-aid-box, which they are storing in the kitchen.

„What? Why?" Mike keeps asking.

„This stupid guy insulted Donna and I, so I had to teach him a lesson." Harvey says, before leaving the living room and disappearing into his room.

He really didn't wanted to talk about it anymore.

„David insulted us of putting on a show..which technically, we are doing, but whatever." Donna explains and sniffles.

Today is really not her day.

„Donna, are you sure that you are okay?" Rach asks, probing her friend for more details.

„I am fine, I just had a hell of a day, I think I am just gonna lay down for a bit." Donna answers and gives them a fake smile.

She doesn't feel like talking, hell she doesn't even know what to feel or think anymore.

„Okay, if you wanna talk, I am here." Rachel says, just before Donna leaves the living room.

„Thanks Rach." Donna says and closes the door behind herself.

„I am not sure if I like this." Mike says, while he is sitting down on the couch.

„Yeah, me neither." Rachel agrees.

Something is really wrong.