Chapter 6

The next days passed in a blur for Harvey. He got back together with Scottie and Donna drove away to visit her parents for a few days. He hadn't talked to her since their fight.

And he misses her terribly. It feels like he is missing a part of himself.

Donna just needed a time out after their fight and since she hadn't visited her parents in a long time, she decided that it would be a good idea.

She didn't know about Harvey and Scottie being back together, so she is pretty shocked, when she comes home and sees them making out on the couch.

It feels like her stomach just turned upside down.

Harvey opens his eyes, when he hears the door closing. He jumps up, when he sees that it's Donna.

He feels like he just got caught cheating.

„Hey Donna.." he greets her and gives her a little smile.

„Hey." she says, „Hey Scottie."

It took her all her strength to keep a straight face, but she managed to do it. She no longer wanted to feel weak, with him around.

„How has your trip been?" Harvey asks and stands up, unsure of how to act around her now.

„It was good. You know, my mom still dates the guy you met a few months ago on her birthday." Donna answers and can't repress her smile.

„That's a long time for her." Harvey comments and laughs at the memory of Donna's mom.

Donna nods, while walking into the kitchen to grab something to eat, before she excuses herself and leaves the livingroom. Harvey watches her disappear into her room, while Scottie begins to kiss him on his neck and downwards.

This is feels so damn wrong.

He stops her by locking his lips with hers again.

„Hey..want do you think about making some p-..uhm..something to eat?" Harvey proposes, because he absolutely doesn't feel like kissing anymore.

Pancakes. He nearly said pancakes. It's his and Donna's special food.

Sure." Scottie agrees and they walk over to the kitchen.

They eat until Scottie has to leave, because she is reuniting with some of her friends this evening.

On some level, he is really glad, when she is gone.

As soon as Scottie left, Donna comes out of her room. Harvey smiles at her.

„Listen, I wanted to talk to you about the surprise party for Mike tomorrow. You are coming back from that game around eight, is that right?" Donna asks him and gives him a smile, but keeps her distance at the same time.

„Yes." Harvey answers and automatically comes a little closer.

He could really walk over to her and kiss her right now.

„And you know what you have to do?" Donna asks him then.

„I'll pick up the cake in the morning." Harvey replies and smiles.

It feels good to finally talk again.

„Don't forget that!" Donna exclaims and smiles, too.

She misses being his best friend.

I won't. Promise." he says and lifts his hand up to show his pledge.

She laughs a little. He smiles, too.

He is so handsome, when he tries to be cute. Damn it.

„So..things between us.." Harvey starts then.

„Are back to normal?" Donna finishes his sentence. They smile at each other.

They indeed have a special bond.

„If they are for you, they are for me." Harvey replies.

Donna nods.

„I really missed you. And I am sorry for overreacting a few days ago." Harvey whispers and he really means it.

Donna can see the seriousness in his eyes and hear it in his voice. She nods.

„Thank you." she replies, stands up and walks over to her room.

„At least something good came out of this. I am back together with Scottie." Harvey jokes, before she entirely left the room.

That felt like a stab into her heart. Not only is he in love with Scottie, but he had to throw right back into her face.

„I am glad." she answers and forces herself to smile. Then she leaves the room.

The next day, Donna is pretty caught up in preparing the little surprise party, but it's a good distraction. It's already 8 o'clock, when the little apartment is filled with almost every person she invited and they are waiting for Mike to arrive.

„Okay guys, hide! Harvey just texted me, they are going to be here in 1 minute!" Donna shouts.

She turns off the lights, before hiding behind the couch, too. A little later they can hear the door slowly opening.

„Surprise!!" they all scream and jump up.

„Oh my god..! Guys!" Mike exclaims and smiles.

„Happy birthday, love." Rachel says and walks over to give her boyfriend a kiss on the lips.

„Thank you!" Mike replies and smiles even brighter than before.

„Happy birthday!" Donna laughs and gives him a hug.

Harvey can't help but think about how beautiful her laugh is.

„Thank you all for coming! This really means a lot!" Mike shouts and they all start singing ‚happy birthday'.

It's not a big party, there are only around 20 people. But she wanted to keep it small, knowing very well that Mike would appreciate it. Donna talks with some of Mike's friends, before she walks over to the tables with the food. After she picked out something, she spots Harvey making out with Scottie on the sofa. She groans and rolls her eyes, before she turns around, again. She puts the food aside, because she absolutely has no appetite anymore.

„He's an idiot." a very well known voice behind her interrupts her thoughts.

Donna shrugs it off.

„You know..Harvey is a little damaged when it comes to love." Mike adds and gives her a sad smile, „but he'll come to his senses."

At least, that's what both of them hoped deep inside.

„Mike, I really appreciate it, but things between Harvey and I would have never worked out in the first place." Donna replies.

They both know that she is lying, but Mike gives her space, at least for now. It's already hard enough for her to watch Harvey make out with Scottie in front of her nose.