Chapter 10

A few days later: *Knock Knock*

„Come in." Donna says and Harvey enters her room.

„Oh Harv..hey." Donna greets him, when she looks up from her book.

The tension between the two of them is still there, but it's better than it was just a few days ago.

„Hey..do you remember that my father is playing in this little bar, not far away from here, today? I thought maybe you would like to join me and listen to him for a few hours.." Harvey proposes nervously.

He kinda needs her to say yes.

„Uhm..I have got lots of stuff to do.." Donna replies and watches how his smile falters slightly, „but I guess that would be nice, yes."

Even though their relationship has been quite difficult for the past few weeks, she still loves to just spend time with him. Maybe it's even an opportunity to start over..somehow.

„Great. Is 7 pm good?" Harvey asks and smiles.

„Yeah sure." Donna agrees, smiling, too. Harvey is about to leave, when Donna speaks up again.

„Uhh..Harv which color will your suit be?" Donna asks.

„Dark-blue." he answers and grins.

She nods and goes on reading the book, that's laying on her lap. He quietly leaves her room, with big smile on her face.

But that was only the easy part.

At exactly 7 o'clock he knocks at her door again.

„Come in." Donna says and Harvey enters the room, for the second time today.

Wow, she is so beautiful.

„Wow..you look..beautiful." Harvey stutters and can't repress a smile.

„Thanks. You look quite handsome yourself." Donna replies and links arms with him.

They barely talk, until they reach the little bar, which is close to the city's centrum. Harvey being the gentleman he is, he keeps the door open for Donna and enters after her. He spots his father sitting at one of the tables in the corner, so they walk over to him.

„Hey Dad." Harvey greets his father and hugs him.

„Hey." Gordon replies and smiles, „Hey Donna, how are you, darlin'?"

He is happy to see his son and even more glad to see that he brought Donna.

I am good, thanks. What about you? Maybe a little excited?" Donna says and gives the elder man a warm smile.

„Yeah..I mean this stage is just great..and you two are here, so why wouldn't I be?" Gordon answers and smiles.

It has always been Gordon's passion to make music and to play in front of other people.

„I am happy that you two made it tonight, really, thank you!" Gordon adds then, after they ordered their drinks.

„Of course, we wouldn't miss it for the world." Donna replies and she really means it.

Gordon is really really good and she loves his music.

Harvey just watches the little interaction between his father and Donna. He loves how close the two of them are and can't help but smile.

„So, Donna, how is the whole acting thing going? I heard that you are really talented." Gordon asks, winking his right eye.

„It's good, it really is. And by the way, Harvey, how often did I tell you that I don't like limitations on my talent. Please, after everything we have been through, you should be aware of that!" Donna replies and chuckles.

„Hey, come on! You should feel honored, because I told my dad about it." Harvey says and rolls his eyes, but smiles right after.

When he tells his father anything at all, it normally means that it's important..and special to him.

„Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" Gordon interrupts him and puts on a fake hurt expression.

„You, too, should feel honored, because of that." Harvey argues and grins.

They talk for a while, until Gordon has to start playing. The first soft jazz tunes are filling the room and Harvey and Donna's eyes lock.

„You wanna dance?" Harvey asks quietly.

„Okay." Donna whispers and smiles.

He leads her onto the dance floor and they slowly start dancing. She rests her head on his shoulders and he carefully leads her through the crowded place. They dance for a few songs, simply enjoying each other's company.

„Donna?" Harvey whispers in her her ear, causing her to shiver.

Donna slowly pulls back and looks him in the eyes.

They haven't been so close, since ‚the other time' a few days ago.

„What's up?" Donna asks quietly, not breaking the eye contact for one second.

„I..uh..I don't know how to say this..so I am just gonna come out and say it..I am so sorry. You know for all the fights we have been having..I am sorry for treating you like I did. I am really trying to work on that." Harvey says, while they are slowing moving to the beat.

„It's okay, Harvey, but thank you. I appreciate it. And it wasn't all your fault anyway..." Donna replies and gives him a sad smile.

They understand each other on a level that most people don't even realize exists.

„Yes, it was. However, I wanted to talk to you about something else." Harvey says then, trying not to lose his courage.

He could lose her, when he told her. And if he is certain of one thing in life right now, it's that he would never get over her.

I am listening." Donna whispers and gives him an encouraging smile.

„Uh..I think you were right. I..didn't really love Scottie...cause I..am already in love with somebody else." Harvey stutters.

In love with somebody else. It hurt so f*cking much to hear that.

Okay..so who's the lucky person this time?" Donna asks sarcastically, trying to hide his effect of her.

„Oh god..I am so bad at this..listen, Donna..I know there might be a lot..that we still need to figure out together, but I wanna do it, I want to try it. I hope you give me a chance...because I..am in love with you." Harvey answers truthfully. Donna feels frozen.

Harvey Specter, the idiot she's been in love with for probably a long time now, just confessed his love for her.

She leans in and closes the room between them by locking their lips. She kisses him passionately, showing him just how much she's been waiting for this.

„Harvey..are you sure?" Donna asks quietly, when they part.

She needs clarification.

I have never been so sure of anything in my life before. I love you, Donna Paulsen." Harvey replies and their lips meet for another passionate kiss.

-

I hope you liked this story :) I am always happy about comments and always open for critics!