23- knew better

"If you knew better, boy you would do better, can't nobody love you like I do baby I could do better. Cause if you knew better, you would do better, baby if you love me like I love you maybe we could be together, cause aint nobody like me," -Ariana Grande-Butera

Giorgia and Tommy sat in the gardens, eyes closed taking in the peace and quiet for as long as they could. The fresh air was something Giorgia was grateful for, she couldn't remember the last time she was just able to relax and take in her surroundings.

But, with a three-year-old, it proved quite difficult. 

"Mumma, come look!" Charlie exclaimed, Gia pulling her eyes open with all her strength to look for the little boy who was sat at the edge of the garden by the bushes. Pulling herself up she walked over to the little boy, her bare feet against the grass in nothing but one of Tommy's old t-shirts.

He would have cursed if anyone had seen her how she was, and he would never allow it, only wanting himself to be the only one to see her in such a way. She was scarily independent and wouldn't let anyone tell her what to do, which in turn he admired, but he was worried about other men and their intentions. 

His brothers were some of them.

Opening his right eye, he could see his girlfriend and son sat at the edge of the garden, looking down at something. The little boy giggled with excitement as he was only inches away from Giorgia, always wanting to be as close to her as he possibly could. 

Smiling to himself at the sight and the noise of his son giggling away, Tommy shut his eyes once more after taking a swig of his whiskey and took in the peace and quiet while it lasted. Since his accident, he'd appreciated being able to relax with his family more. He was a busybody, always doing something and if he wasn't, his brain was running one hundred miles an hour, but as he sat and took in the surroundings of his abnormally large house, with sights he never knew existed in his own home, he was able to breathe normally. He was able to shut out the picks and the shovels, the screams of dying shoulders and the grenades blowing beneath him. 

Giorgia was the same. As she watched the bee that Charlie had found in the garden, and watched as it settled itself upon Charlie's hand, causing little squeals and giggles from the boy. She was amazed, usually, a child would run a mile, but he didn't. He admired the bumblebee and let it roam around his hand gently, Charlie amazed by every little movement.

"Mumma, look," Charlie gasped, his free hand gripping onto the shirt she was wearing.

"He likes you," Gia smiled, planting a kiss on the boy's forehead. 

"Will it sting me?" He looked up at his mother, his big blue eyes contrasting in her dark brown ones.

"Not if you're really careful," she smiled lightly. Turning around at the sound of Johnny Dogs, Gia pulled herself up and watched as Charlie placed down the bee back on a flower and jumped up into her arms. 

He hadn't realised Johnny was there, but as soon as he saw him, Charlie scrambled out of Gia's arms and ran towards his uncle. "Uncle Johnny!" He exclaimed as he ran up to Johnny who picked the boy up and gave him a hug.

"How are ya boy?" He spoke through his thick Irish accent. 

"Good, me and mummy found a bee, but she made it better!"

Giorgia laughed at the little boy's enthusiasm as she caught up with him. "With the help of my favourite assistant," she smiled, saying hello to the Irish man with two kisses.

"How are ya lass? You're looking well," Johnny commented.

"Never been better," she laughed as she took a sip from Tommy's whiskey who was still slumped in his chair. "I'll leave you two to it," she smiled, taking Charlie. "I'll see you two inside."