17 - real life

real life!
❝HE LEFT HER STANDING THERE, CONFUSED AND EMOTIONAL.❞

"tom?" hailey said, tapping tom's shoulder.

when he heard her voice, he became nervous. he slowly faced her, giving an awkward smile.

"yeah?" he replied.

she tried not to show the frown but it was visible no matter how hard she tried. "why are you avoiding me?"

instantly, tom looked away and didn't say anything. hailey continued to talk, "did i do something wrong? are you mad?"

"no, i'm not mad." tom said, still not looking at her.

"then why are you not talking to me?"

the way her soft voice spoke made tom's heart thumping so fast. he doesn't know what he's feeling, he doesn't know how to handle it.

"y-you did nothing wrong," tom said, freaking out on the inside.

why was he freaking out internally? because of the way his heart is beating so fast.

"then why?" hailey asked, trying to get an answer.

"i-"

"yo, haiz! i got you some krispy kreme..."

seb stopped talking when he saw hailey and tom. he had this apologetic look on his face and turned around, walking away. he knew he had ruined their moment and he was a bit guilty.

"i gotta go." tom said, quickly rushing away before hailey could even stop him.

he left her standing there, confused and emotional. it may have been only a few months but she and tom had formed a bond she cherishes. and it hurts her that he's not even giving a reason why he's not talking to her.

did she do something wrong? or is it tom who has a problem?

published: 4-22-19