29 - real life

real life!
❝WHEN THEIR NOSES TOUCHED, SHE CLOSED HER EYES AND TOM RELEASED A BREATH.❞

somebody was knocking on hailey's trailer; and she immediately knew that it was tom.

she contemplated on talking to him. why? she didn't exactly knew why. was she jealous? maybe. was she hurt? maybe? was she confused? definitely.

but she had no right to be jealous nor hurt right? tom and her aren't dating, tom just confessed that he likes her. there were no labels nor any romantic relationships.

so, when hailey realized this, she got up and opened the door. and there was tom, looking at her.

"...can i come in?"

she stepped aside and tom got inside her trailer. closing the door, hailey walked to the small couch she has. tom stood awkwardly in front of her.

"so... you and zendaya?" hailey cleared her throat, trying to not be awkward.

"no."

tom was telling the truth; he and zendaya aren't together. they just shared a kiss, and tom was drunk during that time. he didn't know what he was doing. but when he asked zendaya about it, she knew. she wasn't drunk.

she kissed him because she likes him. zendaya confessed to tom, she likes him, but she knows that hailey has tom's heart. she accepts it, but couldn't help herself. tom made it clear earlier that the kiss meant nothing to him and that he's sorry that he couldn't like her the way zendaya likes him. she understood, told her she's sorry and asked tom to tell that to hailey the same thing.

"i didn't want to kiss her," tom started, "i was drunk."

"i know, zendaya said you were and she was not." hailey said. "did... did it meant something to you? the kiss, i mean."

tom shook his head without hesitation. "it meant nothing. i don't like zendaya like the way she likes me. i made that clear to her earlier."

for some reason, hailey was relieved.

then, she was confused. why was she relieved?

tom sighed, kneeling down. he looked directly into her brown eyes, it may seem just the normal, ordinary brown orbs. but to tom? it was different.

her eyes were captivating to him, he always admired how they looked. especially under the sun. tom loved it whenever she doesn't wear any makeup, it shows her freckles and every imperfection on her face. to tom, it made her more beautiful than ever.

tom took hailey's hand in his, holding it softly. the warmth of his hand made her heart beat fast, so fast that she thought it's about to explode.

"are you mad?" he asked with a soft voice.

hailey softly and slowly shook her head. "no. it's okay."

then, a moment of silence.

hailey swore she could hear her heart beat, so loud. she even felt tom's pulse, and it was thumping so fast. tom started to lean in; hailey did nothing but just watched him.

when their noses touched, she closed her eyes and tom released a breath.

but before anything else could happen, lizzie burst through the door with a grin on her face.

"haiz—" lizzie stopped when she saw the two.

her grin was gone and her mouth formed into an 'o' shape. hailey and tom leaned back, both shook. he let go of her hand and stood up, clearing his throat.

"i-i'll see you around," he said to hailey, who nodded her head.

tom left without another word and closed the door. the moment the door slammed shut, lizzie let out a loud squeal.

"TELL ME EVERYTHING!"

published: 08-22-19

i'm seeing exo tomorrow omg!!