I Must Not Tell Lies | H. Potter

A/N

WOOHOO, Y'ALL IM DOING IT!

I've been wanting to write Harry Potter stuff for SO LONG and I'm finally committing to it! I hope you guys like these. If the title still says "requests open", then feel free to request any sort of one-shot/imagine! You can either comment it somewhere in this book or you can message me.

I hope you enjoy reading ((:

-----------

I was pushing my food around on my plate with my fork. It had felt like hours since I'd seen Harry. He told me he'd meet me for dinner after his detention with Umbridge. Now, I was the only one left in the great hall. Harry hadn't come. Filch was giving me a glare, waiting for me to leave.

I gave in and grabbed my books before heading to the common room. I made my way through the groups of students laughing and gossiping. Just before going upstairs, I noticed Harry reading on one of the couches. I walked towards him.

"Harry!"

He looked over his shoulder at me and smiled. "Hello, (Y/N)." I placed a quick kiss to his cheek before sitting next to him.

"How was it?"

"About as dreadful as I was expecting detention to be."

"I waited for you in the great hall," I said, letting my smile fall slightly.

"Right! Umbridge had me so worked up that it completely slipped my mind. I'm sorry."

"It's alright."

I placed my hand on top of his gently. I was shocked by how rough it felt. I pulled away to look down at his hand. He tried to cover it quickly, but it was too late. I'd already seen it.

"Harry! What happened?"

"Nothing. It's nothing."

I took his hand to examine the scarring better. "It was Umbridge, wasn't it? You have to tell Professor Dumbledore."

"No! Dumbledore's got enough on his mind right now. Anyway, I don't want to give Umbridge the satisfaction."

"She's horrible enough to scar you, Harry. You can't let this go on. You have to report her to someone."

"It's not that simple! Whatever she's doing, it's anything but simple."

I sighed and laced my fingers with his. "I just hate seeing you get hurt."

"Well, It's not like I've ever been able to avoid that, have I?" He closed his book and stood up. I was shocked by his sudden outburst. "I'm going to bed. I'll see you tomorrow." He started to walk away, but I followed him.

"Harry, wait!" He stopped walking. I placed a hand on his shoulder. "Do you want to go for a walk or something and we can calm down and talk? I know you're stressed about a lot of things. I think you need to talk it out."

I was glad when he turned to face me. I knew if Ron or Hermione had pushed him to talk, he wouldn't do it. It would probably only make him more upset. But I hoped that I could get through to him.

"Please, Harry."

"Alright," he said. I smiled and kissed his cheek. I held his hand as we left the common room. We walked down one of the long and twisting hallways.

"So, talk to me."

"What am I supposed to talk about?" he asked. I shrugged.

"Anything. You can start with small things and build to what's really bothering you. Just let some stuff out."

"Okay." He sounded skeptical, but he gave it a shot. "I'm still having these headaches and nightmares. They make me feel as if I'm going mad."

"You're not going mad, Harry," I reassured him. "What else?"

"Defense against the dark arts seems pointless this year with Umbridge teaching it. We aren't learning anything we'll actually need."

"What do you want to do about it?"

"I want Umbridge to get exposed and held accountable for everything she's doing. But I can't make that happen."

"Why not?"

"She's taking over the school! Every day she's getting more and more control." We made our way down a large staircase and found ourselves walking past a group of first-year Slytherins. They stared at us and whispered to each other. Harry rolled his eyes. "Everyone thinks that I'm making it up that Voldemort is back."

"Not everyone thinks that," I urged.

"Most people do! You heard Seamus the other day!"

"Well, then what do they think happened to Cedric?" Harry's grip on my hand tightened and he looked out the windows we were passing.

"I don't know."

Our walk brought us back through the winding halls and moving staircases until we ended up back in front of the entrance to the Gryffindor common room. We stopped outside and he turned to me.

"Thank you."

"What for?"

He laughed. "For helping me. For making me talk. These visions are making me so much angrier this year. It's awful. But you always know how to make me feel better." He pulled me closer to him and kissed me sweetly.

"Of course, Harry. Now, get some rest." I lifted his hand to my lips to kiss the scarred skin before speaking the password and going to bed.