Chapter 2 (Redo)

I held a ice pack to my nose as I sat in the greenish colored bench in the mess hall. There were small decorations and such because it was a shitty party. It was more of a welcome back party but who the hell cares.

   The whole party idea was of course, David's. Fucking David's. Anyway, Neil was getting flirted with by Harrison. Nikki was getting explained to what larping is by Narris. I blew a heavy and bored breath out my nose and grunted.

   I pulled the bag away and touched my nose and winced. I glanced at Preston across the room and frowned. God he looks so sad. I really fucked up.

   My green eyes looked away so he wouldn't notice my staring, but I have been staring all day so he probably already noticed.

   I shuffled out of the seat and felt guilt and shame bubble in my chest.

I just had to fuck up more, didn't I?

Stop thinking about him!

I can't. He is what made me able to smile more.

He isn't worth it.

You fucked up.

He doesn't care.

He doesn't care.

He doesn't care.

HE DOESN'T CA-

"You doing okay Max?" Neil asked as I just realized he sat across from me. I sighed and sat back down, not really wanting to speak.

"Yeah, just fine." I said, feeling my voice crack.

"Just," Neil took a breath before continuing, "be careful." He finished before giving me a small and faint smile before going back to the party.

   My eyes looked at where Preston was but found that he left. Another chance lost.

~~~~~~

Edited the first chapter because I came up with a better plot. Have a wonderful day~