Chapter 4

I whacked the hand shaking me slightly. "Get up Max!" I heard Nikki exclaim in my ear and this got me to shoot up. "I am up!" I call loudly.

  Nikki bounced around Neil who sighed. "It's breakfast time." He explained, as his eyes twirled around himself to try and keep a eye on Nikki but seemed to just get dizzy.

  "I am going to get ready, go ahead and go." I say softly. This gained a worried look from my...friends? It's weird to call them that still. They haven't left me? It's...strange.

They pity you.

  "Okay Max. Don't take too long!" Nikki called and dragged Neil out with her face. I stared at where they once stood before I got out of the warm bed. I grabbed the camp shirt and put it over my torso. I removed my shorts and put my jeans on instead. I grabbed my hoodie and decided to wrap it around my waist instead.

  I walked out my tent and put on a smile. It was mostly fake and it seemed to make a couple other campers straw at me weirdly.

  I walked into the Mess Hall and went to the back to get the breakfast. I looked at the Quarter Master and smiled more. "Thank you." I said softly, and the words seemed weird coming out of my mouth.

  I turned and headed towards the table were Neil and Nikki sat. I slowed down when Harrison sat next to Neil and dragged Preston with him. I frowned.

They are replacing you with someone who replaced you as well. Funny, right?

I sat by Neil silently on the other side. Nikki sat across from me and shoved food down her throat like she hasn't eaten in years.

  I heard Neil and Harrison hate flirting. Neil was being rude and flushed as Harrison flirted cheesily. Preston didn't seem to want to be here. I tried not to look at him but we both glanced at each other at the same time and looked away with blush.

Maybe he thinks you're ugly.

Maybe it's because you're annoying.

Mayb-

  "Max." Neil said to me, as everyone's attention was turned to me. I felt my cheeks flush in embarrassment and hid it as anger. "What?!" I barked a bit too loudly.

  Preston flinched at this and I felt my chest sink. "You were being quiet." Neil said.

  I rolled my eyes. "Mind your damn business." I said and got up, storming out. When I walked out I felt tears fall down my cheeks.

I really am worthless.

~~~~~

I hope this is good, I know the chapters are short and I am sorry.