Chapter 6

Max sighed as he leaned against his hand. "You're wanting to talk because you cheated?" He asked, trying to get this straight. The Mess Hall was empty other than the two boys. When Preston didn't answer Max decided he didn't care and got up. "This is the fastest I have ever wanted to hit someone. Congrats and beating David." Max said and narrowed his eyes and turned to walk away before Preston grabbed his hand.

  "Max, look just listen so I can-"

  "Can what? Explain what is wrong with me? My hair? My body? My personality? Take your pick! How about choose the majority favorite and say everything? Cause guess what?! My pARENTS WOULD AGREE!" The teen yelled as tears ran down his cheeks and he got all flustered and worked up. "I am dONE questioning what the hell I did wrong when you are the one that messed up! I have spent my entire LIFE trying to fix myself. I am wasting time on useless things!" He yelled and sniffled. He was getting too worked up to actually fight when Preston wiped the tears away. The taller boy lifted his head and sighed.

  "Max listen, please. You don't have to forgive me, I don't expect you too but I do want you back. At least as a friend? You don't have to but I miss you. You were so amazing and so adorable! Maxwell, you are annoying sometimes, but damn are you also so funny and relaxed and creative. You are so smart to be able to mess with people in these thought out plots!" He exclaimed.

  Max looked at him with wide green eyes before he felt smooth lips press against his cracked ones. He didn't get the chance to process anything before they left his, leaving them cold. Preston ran out in a hurry and Max just covered his mouth with a surprised expression. How long he stood there, Max couldn't tell you, but when he walked out of the mess hall he went to his tent and went to bed. He just curled up and fell asleep, hoping he would be able to think through what happened when he woke up.